[Character Request] W-4NE, The Degrading

Delta/V

*Moved from main Mods and Tools section in hopes of attracting more interest*

W-4NE, The Degrading

A Character Suggestion

Essentially, this is mostly a suggestion for a mod. I'd likely be able to handle some of the coding on my own, but since I'm on a Mac (And thus largely unable to texture things) and pretty much still a beginner at modding, anyone who'd be interested in helping out with either would be much appreciated.

Basically, the plans are for him to look like something of a mash-up of the three clockwork mobs, but of course if anyone's interested in making the textures I'll give them free reign over the design. 

Of course, what is a character mod suggestion without a special ability? And my idea is as such:

Degredation: Basically, he starts the game in a "perfect" condition, with very high hunger, health and sanity, a higher attack damage, etc. Over time, similarly to how hound attacks work, he would "degrade" in terms of both damage, stats, etc. and looks, until he looks similar to how the broken clockwork mobs appear. At full degredation level, he would have stats comparable to Wes and base-form WX, if not lower, his attack damage and run speed would be decreased, and he would take more damage from enemies.

This degradation could be temporarily fixed by consuming some gears, which would bump his stats back up to "perfect" condition. The catch, however, is that every time you do this the time until he's back at lowest stats is lowered by a little bit, which makes you stop and think; do you chow down early and take out [iNSERT DIFFICULT FIGHT HERE], thus meaning that you might end up more vulnerable down the line? Or do you purposefully stock up gears while barely scraping by for the beginning of the game, and then make a sudden comeback later on when the danger level increases? 

This approach also eliminates the kind of abuse that WX incurs in adventure mode, as the degredation speed would carry over to new worlds and adventure mode. So while, yes, you could go through the whole thing quickly and stock up a ton of gears, the more you do it the more gears you need to keep your stats topped up, until you inevitably run out. 

Other (Hopefully) planned features include:

- Built-in icebox! W-4NE's cool, robotic body serves as a built in semi-icebox, causing food items to rot at 3/4 of the speed they normally would. 

- Robotic affinity! Clockwork allies created with gears are faster and stronger than ones made by other characters. 

- Salvaging! When completely un-degraded, a new 'refine' crafting recipe opens up, allowing him to salvage himself, granting a random 0-2 gears at the cost of instant degradation and Health and Sanity damage. 

Anyways, that's the suggestion for now. Hope some good texturers and/or modders could stumble upon it and make it a reality.

-Delta/V

I think this subforum is designed to be a place for people to offer services and skills. Not just 'ideas' or requests, without being able to do any of the work.

If you could do the art or the code, then it would go here.

This is "Looking for Group" and "Looking for More" - near as I can tell.

Archived