Attack of the SnowMonsters! (Needs code)

TheDanaAddams

I posted this a while back, but nobody really bit... so, in case you're interested:

As an experiment in using Spriter without bones (a process I would not recommend to anyone who values their sanity x.x) I created a fairly simple monster... the SnowMonster!
post-267484-0-87980000-1378774298.png

But I'm afraid I can't take this any further than the animation, so I'm throwing this out here for any coder who would like to attempt creating a completely original monster from completely original animation
The animation is a bit rough, by my standards... but it's not completely awful.

It has an idle state, front, back, and side movement, front, back, and side attacking, and death.

From here, well... it needs a brain and stategraph and stuff.

I'll leave the details open to you, but my idea was for them to spawn in random locations on the map - likely in clusters - in Winter, when it's snowy; die automatically in Summer; attack the player on sight; and always drop two twigs and a carrot as loot.
A new threat to face in Winter, to spice things up a bit... but mostly just an experiment.

Let's make the first completely custom enemy!

The Spriter files:
http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=45428

Cheerio has generously hooked up the walk and idle animations! And made some tutorials for everyone!

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?/topic/27509-creature-mod-tutorials/#entry318407

The files have been converted, so I guess now anyone can try it out with the Snowmonster - even if they don't use Windows! ^^
The technical details of this mod are still far too much for me to wrap my head around, but I'm hoping the idea and challenge sparks somebody's interest. =)

Archived