Making a Mod? I Offer you my Strings. [Writing] (KidneyBeanBoy)

KidneyBeanBoy

If you need someone to do strings for your object/character while you code/artwork, just leave a post here with a topic link to the mod, and I'll check it out. Please remember to say that I did the quotes, though. Stealing credit isn't nice.

History:

Wrote quotes for Up and Away.

Did quotes for the Waverly halloween mod.

Timeframe for quotes:

Object quotes (Without different forms): About a minute, if I know the object well. If its quotes for something like a mayfly, about 2 minutes to figure out what it is and how to best describe it in the words of the characters.

Object quotes (With different forms): 2 minutes, 3 if its based off of something IRL that i don't know about.

Custom character quotes: 4 weeks. (My access to my laptop is limited to the weekends.

Available for quote stuff: Nope. I'm doing character quotes, and those take some time.

So, if you need quotes, have a question or want to know how to ward off hounds, post below!

Hmm well I eventually was going to get around to doing them myself but honestly every time I turn around I come up with something new for the mod I need to do so they keep getting pushed back. 

I possibly would be interested in someone doing strings for this character provided they fit his character.

What I am looking for is a overly proper servant type that obsessed with decorum. Mind you this servant is a delusional zombie that will, when i get around to coding it, be forced to eat brains to survive. If you have ever watched Downton abbey imagine a zombie Molesley.

Now the issue is I will eventually want to have 3 sets of strings for his 3 states of zombification.

1. His neutral state where hes able to delude him self hes a normal servant.
  2. When he has high sanity and has to confront the fact hes not actually alive.
  3. His low sanity state where hes close to mindless and starts rot.

If you feel up to this not small task get back to me thanks.

Well before you do all that work you might want to give a few example of what you are thinking for each state so I can give some feedback I would really hate to have you do 3 complete sets of strings and either not be able to use them or spend a week giving feedback when I could have offered some quick feedback early on.

Perhaps these strings one for each version

• ANNOUNCE_ENTER_DARK 
  • ANNOUNCE_ENTER_LIGHT
  • ANNOUNCE_HOUNDS 
  • ANNOUNCE_HUNGRY 
  • ANNOUNCE_INV_FULL

As an example I was thinking something like for ANNOUNCE_HUNGRY the following

• Neurotic (High Sanity): "I'm Hungry! Good, good, only the living eat..."
  • Normal (Mid Sanity): "Now might be a good time for a bite to eat."
  • Zombie (Low Sanity): "Mussst Feeeed..."

Basically something like...

Neurotic = rambling insane focused on not being dead

Normal = slight stuffy and proper

Zombie = zombie.

I'm sure you can come up with better but that might give you an idea.

Hello! I hope I am writing in a good category.

I see you are offering help with coding - mind I ask if my idea is possible to code?

I'm working on a mod of character, but I can't really use existing codes to script it. I've deisnged a pair of characters acting as one - let's name them X and Y. You start with one of them, for example X (it's always random, you can't predict who will you get - the first problem). X has her own perks, like for example sanity going down slower, nothing too fancy. But when X dies and reincarnates on the touchstone, she changes into Y, who has his own perks too (for example, greater strength). If a player likes X or Y more and it happens that they're playing with the opposite character, he would be forced to kill the character and reincarnate him via e.g. meat effigy/live giving amulet/etc. I am also thinking about giving them a special object (like lucy the axe or willow's lighter), but it's the least important problem.

It sounds complicated and I'm afraid it's also complicated to code. Any professional advice?

Hello! I hope I am writing in a good category.

I see you are offering help with coding - mind I ask if my idea is possible to code?

I'm working on a mod of character, but I can't really use existing codes to script it. I've deisnged a pair of characters acting as one - let's name them X and Y. You start with one of them, for example X (it's always random, you can't predict who will you get - the first problem). X has her own perks, like for example sanity going down slower, nothing too fancy. But when X dies and reincarnates on the touchstone, she changes into Y, who has his own perks too (for example, greater strength). If a player likes X or Y more and it happens that they're playing with the opposite character, he would be forced to kill the character and reincarnate him via e.g. meat effigy/live giving amulet/etc. I am also thinking about giving them a special object (like lucy the axe or willow's lighter), but it's the least important problem.

It sounds complicated and I'm afraid it's also complicated to code. Any professional advice?

Yep, you are in the wrong place  ; P  KidneyBeanBoy is just offering to write strings for people here. I believe he's not a coder. The main forum would be a place to ask those kinds of questions.

That said, it's all possible what you want to do, instead of having different characters you would use the same character and transform him whenever he changes. Where the transformation is so radical that they will appear as different characters of course. Take a look at the character mod "Goio" by Lawrence, you should find a lot of helpful code there.

That's also my main advise, and most people would give it to you: Dig into existing mods and try to take apart the code to understand it. We all started little  ; )

Archived