Music?

Lostprophetpunk

[i can't actually PLAY the game, so I extracted the .fsb files to give a listen. Please forgive me, developers at Klei, if this is breaking a policy of some sort, I have this gut feeling it is. Because... you know... paying for soundtracks... I'm not actually EXTRACTING the files, just breaking into them to listen... although, the honest system can only go so far.]

Not sure where you find Super Mario in this... I've played almost all the games starting at NES all the way to 3DS [but not WiiU], and, I'm not sure I hear it... want to give any specific examples? Maybe I'm just not good at comparing music...

The level music is a fairly nice pseudo-Straussian waltz while you are working the puzzle, then a sort of cartoon soundtrack reminiscent of Carl Stalling after you press Go and Eet does his thing.  The music for the title screen and in-between levels is a spastic kind of rustic jazz which is very jarring.  The styles clash with each other about as much as any styles could.  In addition there is a circus-type brass band quickstep, and maybe a couple other cues I haven't encountered yet.

Granted I'm not this game's target audience, but all of the tracks wear out their welcome with me pretty quickly.  I'd like to note that even when I have music un-checked in the option screen, the fillers in between levels are still played.

Archived