Suggestions?

First, I'm relatively new, only been playing about three days now and finally started a serious character who is on day 35. I have read several posts in the time frame and seen many of the same ideas as mine, but hopefully I can provide a slight variation to them.

1: There's plenty of wood which can be crafted to boards, boards then could be crafted into fences.

2: Along the same lines but also introduces a new tool, fences made from a solid tree (such as civil war fences with the sharp ends), which introduces the tool.......a saw, made from trig and flint.

3: Another common idea is the cabin, but I've seen a comment mentioning people bunkering down and never leaving. This could be true, unless made only for night entrances. Again the saw could be used here and make log cabins (say about 60 logs), which could be upgradable with different rooms (each room cost another 40 to 60 logs). Limiting the size of the cabin to 5 rooms, 1 for a kitchen where you could place all cooking related items, 1 room as a research room, 1 for a bedroom, 1 for storage of all chests, and 1 for a garden (maybe).

4: A new research machine....chemical machine...used to make nectar to lure bees, poisons for darts, and research of new type of fertilizer.

5: Bigger gardens. Having to build 10 gardens to plant 10 seeds is kind of time consuming. Make the gardens hold something like 5 seeds each. I have not built the turbo farm, but I don't think it's any different than the others, only faster.

6: XP for the character. You could still have the XP go for new tools and inventions like they now when you put stuff in the machines, but introduce XP for the character when an animal is killed. Rabbit 1 point, spiders 3, the dogs (I think that is what they are) 5 points, tall birds 10 points. Which would also bring in character levels, levels 1-5 you can build the basics, 5- 10 you can build the science machine, 10-15 can build the alcamy machine and so forth. This would also eliminate the idea of once researched it's open to that profile until deleted, each character would have to start over.

These are just ideas I have had thus far, and are open to discussions and comments. Now I'm off to make day 60.

1: There's plenty of wood which can be crafted to boards, boards then could be crafted into fences.

2: Along the same lines but also introduces a new tool, fences made from a solid tree (such as civil war fences with the sharp ends), which introduces the tool.......a saw, made from trig and flint.

When Kevin announced a recent hotfix that nerfed chest/tree walls, he mentioned that they would eventually introduce real walls to the game. So you can expect something along these lines in the near future once they've decided how to best implement them. Of course you're free to make suggestions.

Not sure we need a saw since we already have an axe.

3: Another common idea is the cabin, but I've seen a comment mentioning people bunkering down and never leaving. This could be true, unless made only for night entrances. Again the saw could be used here and make log cabins (say about 60 logs), which could be upgradable with different rooms (each room cost another 40 to 60 logs). Limiting the size of the cabin to 5 rooms, 1 for a kitchen where you could place all cooking related items, 1 room as a research room, 1 for a bedroom, 1 for storage of all chests, and 1 for a garden (maybe).

"Bunkering down" has been referred to as "turtling" by Kevin. And yes, I've been known to do that out of habit. ;)

I'm against the idea of crafting an entire cabin from scratch, like a pig house. In the past I've suggested that if Klei every decided to allow players to build homes that they use a method similar to the one in Project Zomboid. Simply, the player uses resources (i.e. wooden boards) to craft component sections of a cottage like: walls, floors, stairs, doors, and windows. As they are crafted the player would then place them. It worked out just fine in Project Zomboid. Of course the zombies could break in through windows and doors, not to mention they could follow you back home so you had to be mindful not to let one see you enter your house.

4: A new research machine....chemical machine...used to make nectar to lure bees, poisons for darts, and research of new type of fertilizer.

I don't see why these ideas couldn't just be connected to the existing alchemical machine.

5: Bigger gardens. Having to build 10 gardens to plant 10 seeds is kind of time consuming. Make the gardens hold something like 5 seeds each. I have not built the turbo farm, but I don't think it's any different than the others, only faster.

I think it's realistic, as you are trading time spent naturing your gardens versus the payoff in food. For this very reason I only have 3 turbo garden plots and I don't bother re-fertilizing them. Turbo farms grow food faster, as the name implies. Also, I'm told back before I joined up, that farm plots used to yield multiple crops in one harvest, but that was nerfed.

6: XP for the character. You could still have the XP go for new tools and inventions like they now when you put stuff in the machines, but introduce XP for the character when an animal is killed. Rabbit 1 point, spiders 3, the dogs (I think that is what they are) 5 points, tall birds 10 points. Which would also bring in character levels, levels 1-5 you can build the basics, 5- 10 you can build the science machine, 10-15 can build the alcamy machine and so forth. This would also eliminate the idea of once researched it's open to that profile until deleted, each character would have to start over.

Wait, are you talking about research points or XP (what you gain after your game ends, because you died)? Research points, which are used to unlock inventions, will be revamped in January. Or simply, RP will be removed and replaced with a system where you need to invest resources to unlock a specific invention. Also, you won't be able to unlock inventions that you don't have that resource already (i.e. Amulets require a ruby, so if you haven't even seen a flame hound then you can't unlock it, which makes sense).

My apologizes on the confusion of XP and RP. The RP would be reset at the beginning of every game, so if you died you would have to research all the machines and inventions again. That is because the character would start back over at level 1, and would have to level back up to unlock all the inventions again. The XP I am referring to is much like an RPG, when you reach some many points your character would level up and be able to unlock certain things.

The XP after you die is a good idea for unlocking new characters.

Easiest way to avoid turtling is have a cumulative chance that some big bad group of monsters learn of your location the longer you stay in one location.

When this happens :

Night 1: attacked by a group, survivable but should cause alarm. (monsters start fires?)

Player gets message "The <monster name> have discovered your location."

Night 2: similar to night one, a few extra attackers

Player gets message "The <monster name> are coming, perhaps it is time to move on?"

Next Day: Intermittent monster raids on camp, steal and or destroy items.

Night 3: More monsters attack

Player gets message "The <monster name> will arrive Soon. Perhaps it is time to move on?"

Night 4: Overwhelming/unending monsters

Biggest problem is how to determine when a player is 'turtling' in place and how long should a player be allowed to stay before incuring this wrath?

Other idea:

When player moves on monster 'base' (like the spider nest) established at/near their previous location.