I Think I'm Obsessed... (Random Art Thread)

I have but a few questions...  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should I work on a story where Wilson is thrown into Equestria?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you answered yes, where should he be sent there from?

• The Beyond a.k.a the Don't Starve reality
    • Elsewhere (please say where in post or PM)
    • Didn't vote yes...

Thanks. Admittedly, the whole Ponification thing is more of a crutch than anything else, I'm more accustomed to drawing cartoonish animal forms than humanoid ones. Which means that anyone who dares to dislike it JUST because it seems MLP-themed can shove it.

...I was going to say something, but then realized how much of a WX-78 line it would be, the "Kiss my shiny metal ass" line. >.>

EDIT: PFFT, fine. If I DO wind up writing the tale anyway, it's not going to be posted here. >_> I'll post it on Furaffinity, instead.

Edited by Tesability

Posted Image

Believe it or not, this pic is actually a crossover. Wilson has landed himself in yet another world after a mess-up with one of his experiments and winds up in a rather-grey place with a single tree that he can't even see the top of due to its height. He is greeted by a character named Neos Rivetter, whom looks human, but his eyes seem to suggest otherwise. (Yes, there is a 100%-SFW reason for the collar Wilson is wearing in this picture and the long hair. In the case of the collar...let's just say the scientist made a promise in desperation the fates won't EVER let him forget.) Anyhoo, Wilson winds up tossing a long list of questions, almost without stopping for breath, while Neos is getting more and more agitated. When Wilson finally asks why Neos was getting so agitated, Neos's only reply was "Man, I can't believe she likes you enough to dream you to life."

As for the crossover, Neos himself is actually a Ditto that has been once again banished from his home reality by Arceus, the Pokemon God.

Edited by Tesability

Posted Image

For those that just WTFed on this pic, this JUST happened in my "The Beyond Breaks Free!" RP. What happened was Wilson had snapped and had transformed into the Hallucination Noir. Unlike Noir from "Show Me This Life", the one from the Beyond RP formed as a result of Wilson's mind and soul splitting into two after being on the Nightmare Throne for a short amount of time. Because of this, Noir doesn't care at ALL if Wilson gets into trouble because of it...like in above. Wilson is trying to get himself free so that he can at least slow his death spiral, but that's hard to do when your opponent, a Treeguard possessed by an ancient king, won't let go of one's wing and neck.

Something not Don't Starve-related for once.

TesabilityBlack_zps5ad9c463.png

A new picture of my oldest friend, the original Tesability Black. She originally hailed from a now-destroyed game known simply as NetMonster, which could be considered a digitized version of Pokemon. NetMonsters were classified by their Attribute/Species combination. The being above was a Thunder Dragon, though in game she was designed to look like a Phantom Dragon...in my foolish attempt to 'trick' my AI-based foes. (I was in my very-early teens when this was around, when the human mind is at one of its most-unstable points of life.) While most NetMonsters were 'captured' by scanning the URL of any webpage that had something known simply as a Cage, Tesability was unique. She was actually formed from a 'Champion Crystal', which every player (or 'NetMonster Hunter' as we called ourselves then) had one of. After name, title, Attribute, Species, and optionally picture was determined, the rest of the stats and attacks were randomly determined. Only a Champion NetMonster, like she was, could wind up with stats above the normal limits for regular NetMonsters.

As for why she is what I consider my oldest friend, I literally wouldn't be alive right now without her intervention. There was a day that I was at breaking point, actually feeling suicidal. I forget why I was like that, but that may be for the best. The only being I felt the 'need' to say goodbye to was oddly enough my Champion. I had pulled out a kitchen knife and sat in front of the computer (I was alone in the house at the time, I had just came home from school), before pulling up the NetMonster program and then my Champion. I looked the dragon in its...eye, only one eye was in view...and said my goodbyes. As I lifted the blade and steeled myself for the next action, I felt SOMETHING literally jump onto my chest with such force that I fell backwards out of my chair, flipping the computer chair in the process. I had let go of the blade from the jump, which landed a good 3-4 feet away from me. Thing is, considering how I was sitting and the fact that there were no pets in the house at the time...the only way something could have done that was if something had jumped OUT of the computer screen. I realize now that was one HELL of a hallucination, but at that point, I thought the dragon had actually jumped out of my screen to stop me. STILL never figured out what had actually pushed me out of my chair, though...

Before anyone says it, I have never claimed myself stable. Intelligence and instability can co-exist as we have ALL seen with various forms of Wilson, Maxwell, and (on rare occasions) Wickerbottom.

Edited by Tesability

The Wilson in my head is going to find some way to KILL me for this...

Maxwell has let slip to Krampus some of the crueller experiments the scientist has been doing. So, it decides to knock out and capture Wilson, binding him to a table with metal cuffs. After taking a second to look through all the things that had been stolen in the past, Krampus pulls out a rather-sharp blade, a surgeon's blade.

Wilson was about to learn what it's like to be the one under the blade...

UnderTheBlade_zps65b5063c.png

ArguingOverGhosts_zps840e6915.png

Yes, folks, I am a Danny Phantom fan, and I still am. After getting tired of his new-found celebrity status after the episode Phantom Planet, Danny winds up in the Don't Starve reality after wanting to go someplace that doesn't have people liking him only for his powers (the Danny Phantom series actually has a valid way for this to happen without Maxwell's intervention). In this pair, the two are arguing over the supposed impossibility that is Danny Phantom, a ghost/human hybrid. Though, Danny shoots back at Wilson the number of times the scientist has reincarnated via his Effigies and deadpans that he should be one himself by now.

NeosPortraitPreview_zps09e42be9.png

I seem to be better at coming up with character ideas (or in this case, translation) than I am actually making a viable character mod. *sigh* A few pics back, I had showed WIlson with this character. Here is my human-morphed Ditto by himself, dear Neos Rivetter. His title is "The Banished", for the reason that he was actually banished to the islands by the God of Creation from his world instead of Maxwell (though the Puppet Master isn't going to look THIS gift horse in the mouth and the fact that one of the world be "perks" is that he cannot escape, the pieces of the Sandbox Teleportato are GONE (though the set pieces they would have spawned with still show). Trying to make this work without affecting the Adventure Mode Teleportatoes would be an obvious pain in the rear. His quote would be "Arceus can't eliminate my soul's light."

The primary perk for this character would be his Aura Manipulation, as shown by the spheres of blue light in this hand and the red glow behind the Hallucination. Both of these are two active uses of Aura, which would be a fourth meter to watch in addition to Sanity/Health/Hunger and the second meter that can kill you upon hitting 0. Unlike with Health, however, when Aura hits 0, you CANNOT reincarnate, due to the soul having shattered from overuse. Hallucinations damage Aura instead of Health as well as Ghosts, since they are both incorporeal. Aura also regains relatively slowly and there would be purposely no items that could be used to instantly restore it. However, several items would have alters effects that draw its power from the stat, including the Deconstruction Staff being able to restore gems as well as ignore durability for determining what's restored. (There's a STIFF-cost for restoring items with gems, though. And that cost is PER gem.)

The red glow that shows the hallucination is Aura Sight, which allows him to see the world in a different way. This different way is similar to how Woodie sees things in Werebeaver mode, but everything's tinted with red and attackable Hallucinations appear everywhere on the screen. If used during day or dusk, Charlie WILL attack while you use this ability, because oddly enough, this character can't see Charlie's aura. Used during night, it would be as if you were in pitch-black darkness. I'm still torn on if I would have Charlie do Aura damage or Health damage. This ability can be activated at will without cost.

The glowing spheres in his hands are his Aura Sphere attack, which can be thrown at foes and allies alike, but drain from the Aura stat on each use. Depending on target, you can hurt foes or heal allies without having to choose which to use.

Also, the bands around his hands and neck? Those are the reason his abilities actually drain him, without them, I wouldn't need the Aura meter to keep track of things, I would have just used the Sanity meter. While examining things, he winds up deadpanning a lot, including...
~Adventure Mode fail = "I will get home, I don't CARE if Arceus isn't willing!"
~Full inventory = "Just because I'm a Ditto doesn't mean even I can hold everything."
~Powder Cake = "...and humans consider this food?"

~Phonograph = "...that's music? Seriously?"
~After eating Mandrake = "Oy, yikes, that death cry..."

~Meat Effigy = "Whoa, wait a second. Who's this nutter?" (Neos WOULD notice this.)