.: SHANK ENGINE & other questions :.

leozin

Hi, Klei, Corey, Big foot and All,I have to say I´m a great fan of SHANK(1&2) and a great fan of Jeffrey Agala´s style.My questions are: 1-) Are you going to release the Shank´s engine(Can be the first one) free for game programming/designer students to learn with it? (Like Epic did - UDK) - Please say yes..because I´m a brazilian student of game design and really want to learn with you guys...2-) Did you use the "bear engine"-Linux(Plee the bear game) somehow?3-) Did you use Adobe Flash for animations or for the engine?4-) Shank 1 cost a lot of money to be made?5-) What good advices you can give for a novice game developer?Don´t stop making games please!I love your games very much! :)Yours sincerely,Leozin

Edited by leozin

• MOTD

Heya Leozin,

Answers to your questions below!

1-) Are you going to release the Shank´s engine (Can be the first one) free for game programming/designer students to learn with it? (Like Epic did - UDK) - Please say yes..because I´m a brazilian student of game design and really want to learn with you guys...

No plans to release any kind of engine at this time.

2-) Did you use the "bear engine"-Linux(Plee the bear game) somehow?

Nope! I'm not gonna lie, I don't even know what that engine is haha. We built our stuff in house. It's mostly just straight C++ and C#

3-) Did you use Adobe Flash for animations or for the engine?

We use flash to create the animations and art so that it scales nice as vector art, but no flash is required to play the game.

4-) Shank 1 cost a lot of money to be made?

It was published by EA, so while it isn't anywhere close to something like Mass Effect or Dead Space, it wasn't exactly cheap either.

• Happy Hazard 1

Hello, I'm from mongolia and i really likes the MOTN, Shank 1&2 movement contacting the enemy, making counter attack and i wanna know can y'all release the engine now hehe? so many young designer and game developers need this please release your engine's xD.