Letter from Nowhere (One-shot/Minor Crossover)

I know I have another story I need to be working on, but a

I wound up listening to got me thinking and thinking hard. We all need pick-me-ups in one way or another at some point, even if no two people need to be perked up the same way. While this isn't completely true to the song in question, it still follows the same message that I perceived from it: Never give up on yourself, even when it looks like everyone else has. And now, I present to you "Letter from Nowhere".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The fire from the pit roared loudly tonight as a man in red and white leaned against a rather-large rock, sitting down in rest. There was no telling how long he had been out here, but it was long enough to break anyone's will to do much. Day in and day out, it had all been the same. Everything seemed to try its hardest to end his existence whenever he came to view and he was tired of it.

All he seemed to do was bring his knees to his chest before before wrapping his arms around them. Any light of hope that was once in his eyes had all but disappeared and his natural curiosity was fading rapidly.

"I don't even know why I keep trying," he mused to himself as he placed his forehead on his knees. "Just when I think I'm making progress, I'm always stopped within a heartbeat. And even if I did manage to escape here, I'm just living a lie. I'm no scientist...no matter how much I wish to be..." He simply closed his eyes at these words, unable to cry though he wanted to. Despite the appearance of being alive, he felt he had died in a different sense a long time ago during this harrowing journey.

The only reason he lifted his head after hearing the sound of rustling close by was due to the little amount of curiosity he still had left. Briefly entering the light of the campfire was a splash of pink, shaped almost like a muzzle, leaving behind a simple white envelope that was sealed with a heart. The sudden appearance of the letter prompted him to muster up the strength to stand up and walk cautiously toward the envelope, picking it up before stepping back away from the edge of darkness.

"Now what's this...?" Opening up the envelope, he pulled out a simple white card with writing on it. What was written, however, made him unable to not at least give a small smile.

"Hey there, Willie!

Don't be blue! Sure, life seems tough, but if you stay true to yourself and keep your eye on the prize, you're sure to pull though. Even when things are bad, never forget how to smile and laugh!

~Pinkie Pie"

"I don't think I've ever been called that in my life," he couldn't help but remark before putting the card back into its envelope with great care. He placed it a pocket inside his red vest, hoping to keep it close by, before looking up toward the full moon above.

Tomorrow might just be a good day after all.

Ah, but this being a one-shot means that there won't be more of this particular minor tale, sadly to say. Not only that, but I'd probably be chased after a LOT of hounds and other nastiness if I was to write a tale that throws Wilson into Equestria from the Beyond. ^^;

Now, if a lot of people say otherwise, I might write such a tale. >.>

Pinkie Pie is a character from the show "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" and is the only character of the show that has been shown to break the forth wall into itty bitty pieces on many occasion. Out of all the characters on the show, she's really the only one that could possibly wind up popping between Equestria and Maxwell's world on her own accord, much to the Puppet Master's annoyance.