A Don't starve tale

Chapter One: The Mind Of A LunaticDamn them. Damn them to hell! Whoever they are! It’s not fair! I was respected and happy. Now what am I? Trapped in this godforsaken throne, listening over and over to this stupid song. Well. No more. They gave me abilities and it’s time to use them to my advantage. The seven I’ve drawn in should free me from this curse. I may be god, I may have created every plant and animal but I’m tired of this cursed existence. It’s time to break free. The scientist, hah! Fool! So smart but yet so stupid. Still. I admire the search for knowledge in a man. I hold out the most hope for him. The pyromaniac is another matter. Young and headstrong, a useful ally for the other six. Then the circus performers. One strong, and one so, so feeble. They didn’t even know that they were sacrificing themselves to this unreal reality. The girl, the one I feel the most guilty about. So young and fragile. Hopefully her sister will protect her. The librarian I’m sure will be invaluable. Her cleverness is extraordinary, but she’s not practical, that’s why I snared the lumberjack. If only I could deal with the curse though, the others may slay him. But nonetheless these six will free me. I’m sure of it.Feedback appreciated!

Thanks! You liked it so here! have some more!Chapter Two: Native SpeciesWilson woke up with a start. He blinked a few times to get the sleep out of his eyes and stood up. Well. This wasn’t his Lab, that was for sure. Suddenly a loud Oink! From behind him, he jumped back and turned around. What he saw probably aged him a few years. Behind him there was a Man-Pig.“Oink! YOU NO PIGG!”“No mister pig-man-thing”“YOU OINK MONKEY MAN!”“Yes... Yes I am a “Monkey man?” By now Wilson was shaking with fright. “OINK! GO AWAY MONKEY MAN!!” the second those words came out of the man-pigs mouth Wilson was already running, only stopping to grab a couple of carrots. When he had run out of sight he paused and suddenly heard someone singing, or rather shouting a Monty python song:“IM A LUMBERJACK AND I’M O.K I WORK ALL DAY AND I SLEEP ALL NIGHT!!” Each word was punctuated by a crashing noise, as if someone was felling a tree.“Hello?!”“Hey there!” Now that the voice was not shouting he could hear that it was distinctively Canadian. “What’s your name?” By this time the speaker had come into view. He had a red Lumberjack shirt on and had what looked like a fire axe over his shoulder.“I’m Wilson! “ Replied Wilson. “What’s yours Lumberjack?”“Ha! I’m Woodie! It’s a pleasure to meet ya!”“Pleasure to be you’re acquaintance.” Wilson looked at the darkening sky and was about to open his mouth when a female voice spoke out:“Hello there Wilson!” “Huh?” Wilson jumped “Who’s there?”“Lucy! You scared the guy! Wilson meet Lucy!” The Canadian hefted his axe and a voice came out of it:“Sorry Wilson!”“YOURE AXE TALKS?!?!?!” Wilson shouted“Yes fella, my axe talks, and I believe a fire might be nice!”“Oh, Of course!” Wilson fumbled in his jacket for his matches. He only had two left. “ Do you have any wood?”“Of course I have wood mate! I was born to get wood!” Woodie tossed some logs over to Wilson, along with some grass and twigs. “There ya go!Wilson had made fires a few times. He planted the twigs into the ground, making a tent like structure. He then packed some grass underneath and took a match. He struck it against the hard dirt and it...snapped. “Darn it!” Wilson cried and took the final match out of his pocket and struck once, twice and on the third time the phosphorus caught, flaring in the gloom. Wilson cupped his hand and guided the flame to the grass. Almost at once it caught and the flame jumped to the tent structure. Wilson quickly put a log on the fire and sat down, nursing his aching legs. “Well, I’m going to sleep for a bit. Wake me up in the morning?” “Nah, ill get a bit of shut-eye too. If I wake up before you though then sure!”With that he lay down and closed his eyes. Wilson did the same.

Sorry Guys, both of you are wrong, in fact this is who it is (watch out for Wilsons pet):Chapter Three: The Cleverest Of The SixWilson woke up to Woodie shaking him. “I reckon we should head that way.” Woodie said, his Canadian accent again standing out. He was pointing towards a thick forest, no doubt hoping to do some more chopping.“Sure we’ll go over there but only chop a few trees ok? We need to keep mobile.”“Aww, but...”“Now hun, remember the curse!”“Oh, oh yeah!”“What curse?”“I don’t know, Lucy does but she don’t tell me!”“Ok then! That’s not AT ALL sinister! You hungry?”Woodie nodded. Wilson took out the carrots he had picked and tossed some to Woodie. With this measly portion the two headed towards the forest. It wasn’t long before they heard the cracking of twigs underfoot and an elderly voice talking.“Hello?” Wilson shouted, “Anyone there?” as he said this a rabbit scurried towards it’s burrow. Woodie stopped and threw a hefty stick at it, almost killing it. Wilson quickly picked the creature up and muttered: “Do you like science?”Suddenly the elderly voice came again, louder this time. “Hello stranger, what’s your name?“I’m Woodie”“And I’m Wilson. What’s your name?”“I am Wickerbottom the Librarian” the voice said. Wilson snickered. Lucy scolded him:“Wilson! That’s not funny! Hello Wickerbottom, I’m Lucy!”“Greetings Lucy!” By now the elderly woman was in sight. Her hair was tied back in a stern bun and she eyed the party. “Well, that’s odd. There were three greetings but only two people! How odd.”“Lucy is an axe” Wilson replied.“You what? I must of heard you wrong. Did you say Lucy was an Axe?“Yes, Yes I am”“Oh” And the old lady fainted. Meanwhile Wilson was talking to the rabbit again. “Right you, I’m going to call you... Tinker! That’s it! Tinker the rabbit!” As he said that Wilson took the last carrot out of his pocket and fed it to Tinker. Meanwhile Woodie had killed a rabbit. He picked it up and tossed it to Wilson. “Here. Cook that at the next camp ok? We should get out of here. Something’s not quite right” Wilson had also had that sensation and was all too ready to get the hell out of the forest. Once out of it they came to a savannah and Wickerbottom had woke up. She adjusted her glasses and said: “Hey! Isn’t that a person over there?” Woodie followed her gaze and saw a young woman on the horizon. Wilson called out “HEY YOU OVER THERE!!”A voice replied “WHAT IS IT?”“WE HAVE A COUPLE OF PEOPLE. DO YOU WANT TO JOIN US?”“SURE WHY NOT?”As the two parties came closer Wilson noticed she was holding a firelighter, a thick, cylindrical container with a basic lighting contraption at the top. He immediately realised how useful this person could be. At last they finally met up and the woman’s first non-shouting words were:“We need a fire. My names Willow by the way”“Wilson”“Woodie”“Lucy”“Wickerbottom” “Who’s Lucy?”“The axe”“Oh, Oh!”“You don’t sound very surprised!”“I’ve seen weirder”“Well then, let’s get a fire started” Woodie piled a few logs up and nodded to Willow who then lit them with her lighter. A few minutes later all but Wickerbottom and Wilson were asleep. Wilson was trying to make a rucksack, but failing miserably.“Here, I’ll help you with that.” Wickerbottom said“Ok take the sticks and build a cube. Right, now put the grass there, there, there and there. Knot it there and put more twigs there.” Within half an hour Wilson was putting some of his junk in a reasonably sturdy rucksack. He stroked Tinker and fell into a deep sleep. Wickerbottom followed suit.

Chapter Four: The Crevasses Of The Mind Four had come together. His plan was working, slowly but surely it was working. He glanced at the chessboard in front of him. Suddenly the music cut out. He was free of it after what felt like a millennia. That cursed song had ended! HALLEJULAH! Everything was going perfect. He glanced at the board again and moved the dumbbell and mime mask towards the lighter, test tube, book and axe. He moved the flower to intercept the mime mask and dumbbell and sat back. Soon he would be free.

Chapter Five: Feasting on FleshWilson was the first to wake up. He looked at the dead rabbit and decided to prepare it. Looking around he grabbed a flat piece of flint. He proceeded to gut and skin the rabbit, cleaning the skin in the sea before laying it out to dry. He took a long stick and skewered the rest of the meat before placing it up on the embers of the fire. Taking Willow’s lighter and a single log he re-kindled the fire and woke the others. An hour later Wilson was packing the skin up and said to the others:“I know where we can get a better meal”“Were?” Replied Wilson“ A few days ago I saw a man-pig. It looked very tasty”“Man-pig for dinner?” Said Wickerbottom“Sounds good!” as he said this Woodie said to Lucy: “How do you mind killing a man-pig?”“I won’t do it!”“Look, I’ll make something I’m sure” Wilson glanced towards a larger, diamond shaped piece of flint. He grabbed it and a long stick. He pushed the stick against a tree and hammered the flint in, creating a rudimentary spear. Willow had grabbed a large stick, Wickerbottom had filled her pockets with stones and Woodie was making something to protect his hands, presumably to punch the man-pig.“Well. I think we’re all ready. Off we go!” They headed past the forest until they saw the roof of a house. Then another. Then two of the man-pigs came into view.“FOR SCIENCE!!!” Wilson shouted as he charged Willow in hot pursuit. Woodie cracked his knuckles and walked forward and narrowly missed getting knocked out by a flying rock. The rock sailed on and clonked the first man-pig on the head. It oinked and ran towards the approaching party, its brethren close behind. Woodie was the first to do any real damage. He smacked a hefty blow to a man-pig’s head followed by a fist in the gut. Willow then beat the man-pig on the head, meanwhile Wilson was stabbing the second one. On the third stab the flint came out of the wood and Wilson resorted to hitting the man-pig over and over, with Wickerbottom’s stones landing all over its body. Then the first man pig sent willow flying. She fell to the floor unconscious. Woodie then raised Lucy and brought her down on the man-pigs head. “NOOOOO. I DON’T WANT TO KILL! “She screamed before cleaving the skull of the poor thing almost in half. Its body started to dissolve, leaving only parts of the edible portions of it. The other pig ran into its house and Wilson could of sworn he had heard a heavy *thunk* of a bolt sliding into place. “I think this is plenty enough meat.” Said Wilson. “Almost too much” replied Woodie“And at a greater cost than expected” retorted Wickerbottom“What on earth do you mean?”Wickerbottom pointed to willow. Wilson quickly ran over to her and checked her pulse. “She’s alive” he breathed, “Barley, but definitely alive.” Then he remembered what he had done when he had had a similar injury. “It’s possible to heal her, with the right mixture.”“What?”“Green and Blue mushrooms...”“Blue mushrooms aren’t safe!”“They are! Now... oh yes we need petals, and butterfly wings, that should fix her up in no time”“Hey Wilson, little help?” Woodie was struggling to pick up all of the pieces of pork. Wilson quickly tossed the last three into his rucksack, they were surprisingly light and not at all bloody. Meanwhile Wickerbottom was hunting for the supplies for the mixture, she had already found some petals, and the mushrooms but she was struggling to catch a butterfly. She stopped and started to fashion some kind of net. “We should head back to camp” said Lucy. Her blade was still quivering as if she was frightened. But with the haul of meat they happily walked back home.