Persistent world

I just thought of this and I think it's worth implementing.Not for all worlds, but each player can have one persistent world. When you start a new game, you choose whether to start it in that persistent world, if it's empty, or to make a fresh non-persistent one.So, for example, you create a character in a Persistent World. It collects stuffs, settles a headquarter, and then dies. Then, you create another character in that Persistent World, exactly as it was when you first character died. No decaying of buildings, no rotting of foodpiles (though they'd probably be rotten by the time you found them), no regeneration of nature. On the one hand, it would be harder because some resources would be already exhausted. On the other, it could be easier in that you'd already have some structures built. But, most of all, this would be optional and limited, so I guess it wouldn't hurt.

i just thought of this and i think it's worth implementing.Not for all worlds, but each player can have one persistent world. When you start a new game, you choose whether to start it in that persistent world, if it's empty, or to make a fresh non-persistent one.So, for example, you create a character in a persistent world. It collects stuffs, settles a headquarter, and then dies. Then, you create another character in that persistent world, exactly as it was when you first character died. No decaying of buildings, no rotting of foodpiles (though they'd probably be rotten by the time you found them), no regeneration of nature. On the one hand, it would be harder because some resources would be already exhausted. On the other, it could be easier in that you'd already have some structures built. But, most of all, this would be optional and limited, so i guess it wouldn't hurt.

NECROMANCY!:o