Home sweat home

I would like to see more camp development.

First

make the fireplace an upgradable building

firecamp -> firepit -> firepit whit cooking pot

When your fireplace become permanent with firepit, you should be able to transform the place around the firepit. This way you would designate a small area around your fire as your place. You could build some fence around the radius to keep the wild animals outside. May you could also perform rituals to ward the camp against ghosts and demons.

Inside you could build stockpiles and crafting stations, drying poles for fish and tanning station for fur.

Of course no camps can endure eternally and is an absolute safe haven.

If left unmaintained for several seasons, it should fall into disrepair and you would need to repair it before it become usable again.

I would like to see more camp development.

I think we all would like to see more improvements to our camps... after all, the name of the game is survival. Well, not literally, as the game's named Don't Starve, but you get my point. :)

First make the fireplace an upgradable building

Hmmm. While building a cabin has been discussed before, I'm always of the opinion that should the game actually reach such a stage then it should be handled one piece at a time. Allowing the player to use wooden planks to craft floors, walls, stairs, door, and windows (less wood, more glass...). At the same time it was discussed that perhaps the next tier of the "fire" technology tree could be a fireplace and that it requires a wall (and hence, a cabin) to be placed.

Of course I'm not 100% sold on being able to build cabins or houses, as everything up until this stage is all about camping outdoors. But the game is still developing so anything is possible with time.

firecamp -> firepit -> firepit whit cooking pot

Well, we already have the crock pot. The only downside is that it only generates light when you're cooking food, and then, not much light. Also, a camp fire is a temporary fire, and the reason why it's on the lowest "fire" tier, alongside the torch. The firepit is the first permanent light source available (well, not permanently creating light, but not requiring to be re-crafted or wearing out over time).

When your fireplace become permanent with firepit, you should be able to transform the place around the firepit. This way you would designate a small area around your fire as your place. You could build some fence around the radius to keep the wild animals outside.

I'm not sure what fences have to do with fire pits. I mean, they shouldn't be connected. If I want to build a fence in the middle of nowhere, I should be able to do that. If I happen to build a fence and place a firepit in the same area, well that's my choice too. I also liked the idea in another thread that fences could stop all types of creatures, but monsters (or upset beefalo/tallbirds) could still break a section down in time to chase after you. Mainly fences would be to keep rabbits and other scavengers off "your" land.

May you could also perform rituals to ward the camp against ghosts and demons.

Sorry, not interested. Maxwell is such a dapper fellow and Wendy would just hate being apart from her sister, Abigail.

Inside you could build stockpiles and crafting stations, drying poles for fish and tanning station for fur.

What types of crafting stations? You'll need to provide details before I can agree/disagree. However I do like the idea of drying/smoking fish as a way to preserve them from rotting, a feature I hope they add so the madness of my 100+ meat I've kept for 100+ days ends! I have too much food! :p

On a side note, this would go along well with the ideas around seasons, namely preparing for winter.

Yeah I know, I made an error in the title sweet not sweat ( english is not my native language ).

No worries. I understood pretty much everything you wrote.