Don't Starve Faq - Updated

Corey

• MOTD

Here are some answers to the most frequently asked questions about Don't Starve.

What is Don't Starve?
Don’t Starve is an uncompromising wilderness survival game full of science and magic.

You play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped by a demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Wilson must learn to exploit his environment and its inhabitants if he ever hopes to escape and find his way back home.

We do regular updates (currently every 3 weeks) to add new content and fix minor issues. We're encouraging players to send us their feedback, suggestions and report any bugs they uncover on our forums. Don't be shy! Spiders bite, we don't.

Where can I see trailers and stuff?
Check out the official site here: http://dontstarvegame.com

Where can I play it?
For now, Don't Starve comes in 2 flavours, Steam and a standalone client, each played on Windows, Mac and Linux. 

Will there be a Mac Steam version?
Yup! It's all ready for you in Mac, Windows and Linux!

I bought the game, where are my serials?
We've got a thread dedicated to serial number and game purchase Q&A.

How do I play the standalone version?
The Standalone version for your key can be found at https://www.humblebundle.com/s?key={YOUR KEY HERE}

Is it coming to [name your platform]?
We're interested in other platforms for Don’t Starve, but one thing at a time! :-)

I found a bug! Can you fix it?
We sure try! During the Early-Access Beta we release a new update every 2 weeks which includes new content and fixes. Between major updates we also push smaller tweaks and improvements based on community feedback and our own testing.

If you think you've found a bug you should head over to our Bug Tracker and see if anyone else has your issue. If yes, add to the discussion! If you can't find your issue, add a new one and we'll take a look as Soon as we can.

What if I didn't find my answer here?
The best thing to do is follow this flow:

Step 1 - Check sticky posts in the forum.
There's a good chance that if others had your question, we made it a sticky post to make it easy to find.

Step 2 - Use the forum search tool.
You can do a basic search from the top right-hand of any page on the forums. Or you can use the Advanced Search tool.

Searching keywords specific to your issue will probably return some really useful threads if it's a common problem or something we've gone over before.

Step 3 - Make a new post!
If you can't find a thread that relates to your question, post a new one in the appropriate section.

If it's a bug or a problem you've encountered, you can check out our troubleshooting tips here:

Common Troubleshooting Tips

If those don’t help, feel free to post a new topic into the Don’t Starve Bug Tracker.

• Like 1