Online/Offline features

Yes this is a single player game, but I think it benefits from a indirect multiplayer feature that's similarly seen in dark souls and demons' souls.

Maybe it relates to the player's death and their internet connection?

The problem is that map generation makes it impossible for players to enter relevant areas unless...

A player that dies from a ghost, will upload him/her to the internet to other players where you can 'see' the ghost from digging graves? Basically a 'special' enemy that looks like another character, but is the same kind of enemy.

What about 'death' scenes?

Items dropped by enemies that may relate to something odd that happened online?

If someone survived for 50 days and died by a group of werepigs, maybe winston's beard hair would be found in the current player's game if you hunted down a werepig? That's an example I mean.

What if invasions by players is possible? Although this might become a bad taste for some people, it might bring a interesting gameplay element, especially if you can construct altars and do rituals to curse people randomly...

Going offline should have it's perks maybe... Or not... Because I haven't seen much games that offers offline perks.