Different Modes

I think different modes would work really well in this game. Here is a list of several of my game mode ideas:

True Survivor Mode: This mode would be fore those who want even more of a challenge. It would have additional meters the player would need to monitor in order to survive. I think the addition of a thirst and sleep meter would be interesting but only as a choice for players that prefer more of a challenge.

Co-Op Mode: I believe this game really lends itself to the possibility of co-op. Having a friend hunt while you gather supplies for research or building would be amazing. Obviously, this would have to be counterbalanced by an increase in difficulty. Perhaps an increase in monsters and or monster spawn rate would be sufficient. That way the players will be forced to stay near each other in order to stay safe.

Versus Mode: What would be more fun than battling with an other people for survival. This mode would probably need its own research points and items, such as trip wire traps. 1v1 players or 3v3 teams would start in randomly generated areas on a randomly generated map and gather supplies as usual, the catch is there's another team out to get them and sabotage their supplies.