My Feedback and suggestions

ok I just want to start off and say this game is AWESOME. I mean it's a really simple, but so much fun to play. Anyway here is some real feedback and suggestions...

1. i think it would be awesome if there were bows and arrows you could make...

2. co op with like 2-4 people would be tons of fun.

3. costumizable characters...not a huge deal and doesnt matter much at all just something cool to have

4. I havent made it far so i dont know if this actually exists..but a storage chest? if this exists already please let me know

5. because of the design of the game and the mystery I don't know if this would really fit, but maybe a little tutorial. It's simple but still could help a bit...on the other hand figuring out what to do is part of the fun

Good evening (it is in Holland, anyway) and good to hear that you are having fun.

1. A common suggestion, I love the idea of having a ranged weapon.

2. Also a common suggestion and the devs have said that they are focused on a complete singleplayer experience first, so if it ever does come, dont expect it any time Soon.

3. I doubt that it will be in the game anytime Soon, but you can currently make a few different hats and a logsuit to wear.

4. There is indeed the option to make a chest. It requires a bit of research though, but each chest has 6 storage spaces and they are quite handy.

5. Small change I am afraid, the game is even being marketed for having no tutorials and such as a true survival game.

Cheers

1. i think it would be awesome if there were bows and arrows you could make...

You and just about everyone else (me included)! Most recently...

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?1716-Hunting-Bows-and-some-raiding-bunnys

2. co op with like 2-4 people would be tons of fun.

This idea is usually shot down for two reasons: a) because Klei recognizes it would take a lot of work to create multiplayer and instead want to focus all their efforts on the single player game b) many people prefer their solitude (i.e. the game changes once you introduce griefer-whoops, sorry, I mean other players). :)

3. costumizable characters...not a huge deal and doesnt matter much at all just something cool to have

You can already customize the characters included with the game. Have you seen my beekeepers hat! HAVE YOU!?! It's great.

4. I havent made it far so i dont know if this actually exists..but a storage chest? if this exists already please let me know

Yes. And they have even hinted there will Soon be a new (interesting) way to store/transport items. We're all hoping for either portable holes (my idea) or beefalo's with chests strapped to their backs. Or something even better...

5. because of the design of the game and the mystery I don't know if this would really fit, but maybe a little tutorial. It's simple but still could help a bit...on the other hand figuring out what to do is part of the fun

Death is the best tutorial ever. And lacking that just go to YouTube and search for: Let's Play Don't Starve.

I agree with you about the no tutorial thing it was just an idea. Also I have not made it very far...and "Death is the best tutorial ever." agreed...me and most people normally end up skipping tutorials anyway

Thanks for the responses though. Like I said I have not gotten that far...only like 3-4 days

I agree with you about the no tutorial thing it was just an idea. Also I have not made it very far...and "Death is the best tutorial ever." agreed...me and most people normally end up skipping tutorials anyway

Thanks for the responses though. Like I said I have not gotten that far...only like 3-4 days

Keep on playing. You have a fair bit to go until you hit the content wall. Why, only just today I managed to finally craft for Wendy a pretty feather hat. :)

Ok i just wanna say 2 the developers. Nice game and i and many know it is in beta am just putting in my ideas for the game and hope there are some that are speaking 2 you guys. I also want too take the time too say that i think some of these thoughts/examples can be weird but i think the fun in this game is not too settle down on one spot. It is 2 explore and that is why i feel´t it can be nice too have a spot where u got the necessary advance building but that it should take time too gather the materials for the different but maybe logical things.

1. Sickness ex fever maybe makes the character go slower and sweating. Well pick a symptom you get my drift.

2. Medicine maybe some plants growing out there that you can use a mortar and pestle 2 make different medicine and try your way.

3. Poison making. Maybe from frogs mushrooms or even a combine system between different mushrooms and frogs for stronger effect and that can be balanced in between that some animals are more resistant against melee and some animals or bugs are more resistant too poison.

4. Poison list/medicine for knowing what symptom your character has and it can have a bound 2 reality what some herbs are doing or look like and you then have icons too put in the list for a solution of what you need 2 cure that condition. Maybe a little vague explained.

5. More nature resource for making different tools or preserve food "if it would get rotten" maybe salt for preserving meat or a dehydration process of a piece of meat suspended under drying conditions on a line between 2 wooden poles or lets play with the thought a smoke house. Maybe it even attract animals on the night that gets in your camp and steal the meat if it´s not locked up in a smoke house or in a chest.

6. Example of nature resource; Rubber tree maybe you could extract rubber with a bucket and make a dummy that confuse enemy's or use the rubber in another aspect. If we even play with the thought that this guy´s goal is not too leave it´s too stay but too explore and find ways maybe cave´s or some type of dark jungle where you got other resource´s maybe rare things like emeralds in a dark abounded temple. Sorry i was spaced off there, back 2 reality. Nature resource like white moss, stops bleeding faster. Leeches dont ask me where they fit i just got them in my head. Maybe if you got poison in you.

Ps! I got lots of ideas in my head the most thing am thinking about is a survival Curse of monkey island type of game with a more dark complex but this game has so much potential so much. A combine system is something i see in front of me when i play this game and a build list type of game where you still got your resource points and some things cost lots of points and therefore you need other rare stuff too put in the research machine. The game is writing itself and it´s a awesome game. Brings me back in the days when games where games and had lots of fantasy and was almost developing it by itself. This game got soul and this game has charm. Hope someone is not unhappy now. Warm regards

Well I know some of these ideas have come up before, as we've discussed poisonous spiders (both the ones currently in the game vs new ones), uses for poison (poison darts), and we've dicussed the idea of creating slingshots with sap from a rubber tree. Still, it's always good to see more suggestions for these ideas.