Crab King, a problem to solve?

The answer to the title question is NO and, at the same time, yes. Many people are looking at the symptom without realizing that the boss itself is not the problem, but rather what revolves around the boss. What do I mean by this?

Among the methods used to kill him is the mechanic of freezing with the ice staff while he channels and then hitting him immediately after. The problem I see is that people find the methods involved in killing the Crab King (64.jpg.b09a643d79e44706bdee15730a1b710e.jpg) tedious, and I agree. Because when we think of maritime bosses, we think of battles actively using the boat and not just standing on a static platform hitting him.

So, what I suggest is not to stay here on the forum suggesting that Klei delete the boss or start from scratch, as this is not likely and takes up space here with unproductive things. Instead, let's propose changes in the navigation system and small mechanical changes in the boss that enable maritime combat. Examples:

- Boat collision with the boss will stun it (has cooldown time).

- Boat collision protections now have additional uses.

- Tridents have additional uses for their special, and their materials can be obtained less laboriously.

- Island monkeys can be hired to operate the cannons.

• Like 1

none of this is needed. current bossfight is fine. Klei would have to completely change how boats work and the whole fight itself to make it anything close to a "great fight" in some people's eyes. If you think the current navigation system AND the fights are bad things, your critique is on the whole thing itself. It's kinda childish to demand a whole rework from Klei. It's like saying that you don't like the way they do things. Basically people don't like the game and want it their way, that's the only way I see it.

The only thing I agree are even debatable or "bad" on ck fight is the gem system and claw HP.

I already need to take care of a lot of things when fighting him. Having to paddle on top of that is just unnecessary work. And adding that to the fight as obligated would imply an even harder fight for no reason. And to not make it too hard, they would have to remove some mechanics JUST to add these little things which add to nothing.

Most of these ideas are literally asking for a different fight, instead of FIXING current fight actual problems. 

When you try to see what's wrong with something, you come up with thousands of things that are not that big of a deal, and portray them as problems, just to have something to say.

Until this day I cannot see anything remotely close to being a problem on his fight. ALL of it is skill issue.

Again, if we could actually think and give suggestions on the way gems interact with him + actually experiencing the fight on weak characters, then we would be able to pinpoint exactly what most people don't like about him, and then change what's changeable instead of trying to make impossible suggestions.

• Like 2

just do the following things

1. reduce the scaling factor of all gem powers

2. make purple power more dangerous

3. reduce the health of claws

4. give it a 100% rain conch drop, same number of uses as pan flute

5. implement the unused festive skin because it looks really good

• GL Happy 1