Steam Input quirks

My controller's analog stick has a slight drift when centered - I usually set a deadzone in games to fix this but since Rotwood has no in-game setting for this I have to use Steam Input.

Unfortunately the game has some weird interactions with Steam Input where it detects two controllers:
- if I start the game with mouse and keyboard then press a button on the controller I see "Button pressed" popup with controller number 2 on it, I choose "Switch to new device"
- then I immediately see another popup with controller number 1 on it, I back out from it
- at this point analog drift is still there

BUT! If go back to the mouse and keyboard and redo the steps except I press "Switch to new device" on the popup with controller number 1 on it I get to have my Steam Input deadzone working!

If I back out from the first popup with the controller number 2 on I don't get to see the second popup.

I don't have extra controller to test this out whenever it interferes with local co-op or not.

Sometimes during interaction with the UI it shows the popup for the controller number 2 and if I accept it I lose the deadzone and have to redo everything again.

Edited by jacklul