Newbie to Modding Questions

I've read the stickies and watched some basic tutorials but I'm still kinda lost on some things. If you guys can help me out I'd appreciate it.

• Is there an easier way to see the function declaration of a function call? Stickies says to use notepad++ or VSC not too familiar with using them. At the moment I'm just using notepad++ "function(.*)FunctionName" find in files but it doesn't seem to work sometimes.
  • Is Sublime any good? apparently it comes with the DST tools but I don't see people recommending it.
  • What program can I use to view TEX files? there's some tools people made in this forum but the download links are broken or they're from 10 years ago.

On 4/20/2024 at 6:57 PM, Rhomer said:

I've read the stickies and watched some basic tutorials but I'm still kinda lost on some things. If you guys can help me out I'd appreciate it.

• Is there an easier way to see the function declaration of a function call? Stickies says to use notepad++ or VSC not too familiar with using them. At the moment I'm just using notepad++ "function(.*)FunctionName" find in files but it doesn't seem to work sometimes.
  • Is Sublime any good? apparently it comes with the DST tools but I don't see people recommending it.
  • What program can I use to view TEX files? there's some tools people made in this forum but the download links are broken or they're from 10 years ago.

I've never used Sublime before so I can't really comment on it. I only need basic features so Notepad++ or VSCode is enough for me.
For the tex file, you can use Textool to view. The download link is still available. If you want to pack multiple images into a tex file, you can use dsanimtool or ztools.