game crash when make a bird trap

This bug exist in NS version 1.0.8

This bug exist in a game file which is compatible with hamlet, no matter it starts in ROG or SW, let alone HM.

Once you make a bird trap, the game will crash.

But if your game file is not compatible with hamlet, such as ROG compatible with SW, and you make a bird trap, the game won’t crash.

Since the bird trap is a basic item which is need to be made for every game file, I hope this bug can be fixed soon.

Edited by wiiliam

I've encountered the bug as well. Until it's fixed, you can still catch birds by putting them to sleep, such as with the pan flute, and attacking them once with no weapon equipped, to make them flop around for a few seconds, during which time they can be picked up. Rabbits can also be picked up right after they fall in the caves during earthquakes.

Is picking up 4 rabbits from earthquakes feasible? Trying to work around this annoying glitch myself now. I'm unaware of any way to trigger earthquakes manually, and the rabbits are a relatively rare drop, right? And you need 4 to craft the prestihatitator

They can be triggered manually via explosives, including slurtle slime, but you're right that they're unlikely to last long enough to gather four of them. You'll need to keep them fed until you have all four, or you could get your hands on a construction amulet so you only need two.

Hopefully they'll get this fixed at some point. I bought the Switch version after having the Steam version, and having the Wii U version before that, and I feel burned that since the update to the Switch version that added Hamlet, there's been some kind of critical issue that rendered it severely compromised, to the point of not being worth playing over the Steam version. I hope issues like this eventually get resolved. Console commands being enabled would also be nice, barring exact season length settings and extending the range of placing/removing turf so irreplaceable/indestructible objects can no longer prevent laying down/changing turfs.