Hi! So, as some people might know, I'm working on a sequel to my analysis of the DST characters and their backstories right now. I'm currently writing about Wilson, and, while I remember something being said about his family, I'm not sure exactly what. If I recall correctly, there's something about his family rejecting him. I think it either came from a forum post or a loading screen tip. I'm not sure. Just wondering if anyone had a direct quote, since I'm hoping to cite my sources and be a bit more specific this time around. Thanks!

• Like 2

I don’t remember there being any sort of quote, cinematic reveal, or puzzle that reveals anything like that. In fact I don’t think we know a single thing about Wilson’s family. Of course I could be completely wrong and forgot something.

Could you be referring to this loading tip?

”Wilson chose the path of an independent Gentleman Scientist after finding the university environment to be too stifling for a man of his ambitions. (The enormous bill the university sent him to pay for repairs to the chemistry lab had absolutely nothing to do with this.)”

Edited by ButterStuffed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WinterWondering said:

I'm not sure. Just wondering if anyone had a direct quote, 

If I remember correctly, The only quote we have about Wilson's family comes from Wilson himself.(Mumsy quote)

Ekrangrnts2024-03-29195734.png.db8df30c6d4e937e3d6288ece1c214aa.png

Other than that, Unfortunately I don't think any of his quotes really helps with your questions.

• Like 2

There also used to float around a theory where a cabin mentioned in one of Charlie's letters was suspected to be Wilson's house, sort of linking him back to her and Winona's family. 

I don't really think the theory is true as it's very possible those are just two seperate buildings.

Regarding the original post, there had been a bunch of headcanons linking various characters together (for example Warly and Webber) as family based on their quotes. I don't think there was an actual confirmation about Wilson, he pretty much fits the "Lone Scientist" trope due to his academic unsuccess and signs to "KEEP OUT" off his property in the original Forbidden Knowledge trailer. I don't recall any mention of Wilson specifically on missing posters as such, it's plausible he's officially off-grid while being missing in Constant for years.

Edited by Maxposting
added a bit more info
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Maxposting said:

There also used to float around a theory where a cabin mentioned in one of Charlie's letters was suspected to be Wilson's house, sort of linking him back to her and Winona's family. 

I don't really think the theory is true as it's very possible those are just two seperate buildings.

Regarding the original post, there had been a bunch of headcanons linking various characters together (for example Warly and Webber) as family based on their quotes. I don't think there was an actual confirmation about Wilson, he pretty much fits the "Lone Scientist" trope due to his academic unsuccess and signs to "KEEP OUT" off his property in the original Forbidden Knowledge trailer. I don't recall any mention of Wilson specifically on missing posters as such, it's plausible he's officially off-grid while being missing in Constant for years.

Thank you so much!

• Like 1