If the lureplant is modified, then we need to reconsider the battle design for Misery Toadstool and the loot for Fuelweaver.

When resetting Misery Toadstool, I hope you can pay attention to its performance in single-player mode. It has too much health, and it takes a long time for a single player to defeat the sporecap, with a very small attack window. Although this is supposed to be an online game, the BOSS shouldn't be designed solely for multiplayer without considering single-player combat.

The Ancient Fuelweaver BOSS fight is excellent, whether it's single-player or multiplayer. It's a battle that requires equipment and proficiency. I don't want it to be reset because it's a key BOSS in the Shadow storyline. It's really cool and deserves such a challenging BOSS fight. However, to reset the Ruins, we have to fight it multiple times, and to avoid repeatedly traversing the Atrium, Wanda almost becomes the preferred choice for long-term play. For single-player, we don't need as many Bone Helms, Bone Armors, and Shadow Thuribles; for multiplayer, if we want to get the second Bone Armor, we need to wait for 20 days. Is it possible to make resetting the Ruins an option that can be achieved after defeating AFW, but keep it independent of AFW? For example, using Dark Tatters or some other materials obtained from defeating AFW to craft something that can be given to the Ancient Gateway to reset the Ruins, with a 20-day cooldown; while AFW becomes like CC and can be challenged repeatedly as long as there are sufficient materials?

We are paying close attention to Toadstool and AFW because some players have been relying on the lureplant to cheese their way through these encounters. It's indeed unfair to the bosses when they are completely immobilized by the lureplant, unable to perform any actions other than walking. Therefore, we should focus on the reasons why players tend to use this tactic. The Misery Toadstool poses a higher challenge for single-player combat than FW and CC, which is obviously inappropriate. Having to repeatedly defeat FW to reset the Ruins can make an otherwise excellent BOSS fight tedious. Since you have decided to modify the lureplant, it's crucial that you pay close attention to these two pain points. We hope that you can address them effectively to ensure a more balanced and enjoyable gaming experience for all players.

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

I completely agree with your opinion. Klei took away the method of locking the position, so he should modify some of the boss's mechanisms.

Players using stuck positions instead of solving them normally already indicate that these bosses have some issues that need to be modified.

Misery Toadstool is a relatively easy boss to defeat in my opinion. The problem would be the combat time and resources spent, but we are talking about a boss that only needs to fight once in the world to obtain the valuable project that allows you to multiply Shroom Skin.

19 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

This was just patched as well.

I remember that this boss, like many others, is easily defeated using Ice Flingomatic.

7 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

Misery Toadstool is a relatively easy boss to defeat in my opinion. The problem would be the combat time and resources spent, but we are talking about a boss that only needs to fight once in the world to obtain the valuable project that allows you to multiply Shroom Skin.

I don't quite agree with your point of view. For a single player gaming experience, a boss with 100000 health cannot be an easy battle, let alone it has many means to interfere with your output.

Your gaming skills may help you easily defeat it. But in the community I know of, there are very few single player players who can defeat it solely based on their gameplay skills.

Subjectively, no one wants to use the features or bugs of the game to defeat any boss, provided that the boss is well-designed or has excellent drops (just like how people deal with an Incident Guardian). The difficulty of the boss Misery Toadstol is extremely high, and the process of defeating it is boring and the dropped items are only decorations. Isn't this boss worth redoing.

Of course, this is just my opinion. Some powerful characters may be able to defeat him, but there are still many single players and their favorite characters who find it difficult to defeat him. The essence of online gameplay is multiplayer, but can't we say we don't consider single player gameplay? Even if it's just adding an option, it can make it easier for single player gameplay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Giggio said:

It wasn't suposed to be a thing since the beginning anyway

If u really want this use spider nests instead

My poor title caused a misunderstanding for you. In fact, I don't think it's reasonable for an ordinary plant to trap a powerful boss. What I want to say is that this is an opportunity to illustrate the problems that exist in the battle against Misery Toadstol, as well as the difficulties players encounter when resetting ruins. People discuss lureplant precisely because these issues have not been resolved. I completely agree with the changes made to Lureplant, and at the same time, we need to reconsider the situations that make people tend to cheat using Lureplant.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zhangsheng said:

I don't quite agree with your point of view. For a single player gaming experience, a boss with 100000 health cannot be an easy battle, let alone it has many means to interfere with your output.

Your gaming skills may help you easily defeat it. But in the community I know of, there are very few single player players who can defeat it solely based on their gameplay skills.

Subjectively, no one wants to use the features or bugs of the game to defeat any boss, provided that the boss is well-designed or has excellent drops (just like how people deal with an Incident Guardian). The difficulty of the boss Misery Toadstol is extremely high, and the process of defeating it is boring and the dropped items are only decorations. Isn't this boss worth redoing.

Of course, this is just my opinion. Some powerful characters may be able to defeat him, but there are still many single players and their favorite characters who find it difficult to defeat him. The essence of online gameplay is multiplayer, but can't we say we don't consider single player gameplay? Even if it's just adding an option, it can make it easier for single player gameplay.

If you analyze it from the combat side, it is practically impossible for someone to die to him. It's easy to dodge attacks.

For example, Bee Queen is infinitely more lethal than this boss.

As I said, the giant's problem is the time and resources factor.

The boss was easier with repairable weapons. So the true resource cost is in Weather Pain, but this cost can be halved with the use of the deconstruction collar.

Using Wanda with the Warly buff I can do this boss in less than 8 minutes.

I'm going to do it with Wilson using Shadow Reaper. Maybe it lasts 25 minutes. And that time to defeat the boss once in the world isn't even that long. I only do this by collecting wood.

Toad and misery toad should have more variety of atacks and drop more skins

Fw fight is one of the best in the game and his rewards are the most numerous and strong. Nothing to change

Fixing interactions that break the game shouldnt be an excuse for anything.  If something needs and improvement just suggest it 

Edited by arubaro

41 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

如果从战斗方面分析,几乎不可能有人死在他身上。躲避攻击很容易。

例如,蜜蜂女王比这个老板的杀伤力要大得多。

正如我所说,巨人的问题是时间和资源因素。

老板更容易使用可修复的武器。因此,真正的资源成本在 Weather Pain 中,但使用解构项圈可以将此成本减半。

使用带有 Warly buff 的 Wanda,我可以在不到 8 分钟的时间内完成这个 Boss。

我将用Shadow Reaper和Wilson一起做。也许它会持续 25 分钟。而世界上打败一次老板的时间甚至都没有那么长。我只通过收集木材来做到这一点。

11 hours ago, Shining Galaxy said:

Misery Toadst

43 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

If you analyze it from the combat side, it is practically impossible for someone to die to him. It's easy to dodge attacks.

The boss was easier with repairable weapons. So the true resource cost is in Weather Pain, but this cost can be halved with the use of the deconstruction collar.

I'm going to do it with Wilson using Shadow Reaper. Maybe it lasts 25 minutes. And that time to defeat the boss once in the world isn't even that long. I only do this by collecting wood.

58 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

That's what I'm trying to say, Misery Toadstool isn't difficult, but it's frustrating. Its health is so high that it will take a long time to fight even if it stands still. Maybe we can cut its maximum health and make it have different kinds of sporecaps, red ones that increase boss damage or attack frequency, green ones that increase madness aura, blue ones that gain damage reduction or continuous health regeneration, and even moon mushrooms that continuously release spore attacks, the player can selectively chop and keep, instead of having to chop all sporecaps to deal effective damage to Misery Toadstool, The price comes in the face of a more aggressive Misery Toadstool. It's not pleasant for an attack to barely hit the player, just constantly causing trouble for the player, making it difficult for the player to damage its boss, especially if it has the most health in the game

• Like 1

Toadstool, yes

Fuelweaver, no. He's fine, he doesn't need to change. This is what you deserve for beating him. Why did you think it was a good idea to take the reward away from him?

Edited by Cassielu
  • Like 1

Lots of people complain about the toadstool and fuelweaver fights but they are 2 of the toughest fights in the game. Do people just want everything to be easy in this game? Why even bother playing then. If you want to cheese toad (or fuelweaver), there are easy cheeses still available. 

Just use woodie treeguards. 15-20 idols (30-40 treeguards) will take down misery easy. Just be fast and chop down the trees when they pop up, and wear armor so you don't get killed by a toad stomp. 

• Like 4