Wagstaff's spider

As we know in the Webber short, Wagstaff dragged a spider from the constant into the real world in some manner and sold it to Webber's father for 3 dollars and 34 cents.

This implies that he is already fully capable of getting living creatures out of the constant.

So if he is able to do that already, then what is the current doorframe he's building going to be used for?

(Note, im ruling out the possiblity that the doorframe is a way home.)

He is going to bring in heavy artillery to shoot the "Moon" down.

Seriously tho, i don't think there's any financial incentive behind his research and advances because he's obsessed with knowledge rather than money so it's hard to guess. Maybe something like a big machine to fully harvest Alter or Shadows full potential. 

Also he left his whole company Voxola to crash so his goal must really important.

Edited by BalkanCockroach

The doorframe might still be a gateway home, I assume that Wagstaff may want to improve the process before trying it on a person since the spider was so unstable it fused with a kid. If not, maybe it's portal towards the surface of the moon so he's not limited to the shard that fell in the ocean alone.

2 hours ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Also he left his whole company Voxola to crash so his goal must really important.

i mean, an entire new world with backwards physics and magic is already more important than selling radios, so...

my guess is that if the portal is not for transporting the survivors then its a portal to the surface of the moon (Moonlandings, DST edition.)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, marshyds said:

I mean, an entire new world with backwards physics and magic is already more important than selling radios, so...

Not if you're not making $ cæsh $

5 minutes ago, marshyds said:

My guess is that if the portal is not for transporting the survivors then its a portal to the surface of the moon (Moonlandings, DST edition.)

Perhaps, but after Alter wakes up it moves and looks around so idk i'm not too sure.

On 3/19/2024 at 2:27 PM, Cassielu said:

I assume it works in the same way as the Ancient Gateway, leading to the shadow realm and Alter‘s world respectively.

WAIT THATS ANOTHER THING

There already is a portal to the theoretical moon in the ARCHIVES! Wagstaff's doorframe can't be a portal to the moon!

On 3/20/2024 at 1:22 PM, marshyds said:

WAIT THATS ANOTHER THING

There already is a portal to the theoretical moon in the ARCHIVES! Wagstaff's doorframe can't be a portal to the moon!

Maybe wagstaff cant use the archives portal somehow?