Egg ranching problems

Hello, I have recently wanted to start making Soufle Pancakes, but they need eggs. How do I make the ranch set up work? All I can guess so far is to use a sweeper and a conveyor loader connected to a critter sensor to control population, but the only problem I see happening is the dupes deciding to take the eggs to keep to repopulate and also smashing those. That might have been confusing.

Im also going to note, I'm already ranching hatches, but I instead through the eggs into the incubators, once they hatch the game checks if any of my ranches need another hatch, if they don't the hatches go into a drowning chamber.

The simplest way is having enough incubators to keep your ranches full, and having them at a higher priority than the egg cracker. If you want to avoid incubators, you need to set up some automation to ensure that you keep enough eggs around to replace the population (e.g. by shipping them somewhere dupes can't get at, and dropping the hatched replacements into a room with a critter pick-up, or directly into ranches).