Sugestion: Lighting rods for moonstorms/ Scrap pillars

Starting to say that i dont want neither would spect this feature to be introduced in this update, artist have enough work with chests and dust piles from lunnar hail and wormwood armor etc etc, to bother about this, but i think its an idea worth sharing so i would like to do so.

After the last hotfix in which was introduced the mechanic of "lightings on moonstorms generate moonglass" there is now an interest in sort of controllig the spawn of moosntorms to set farms like the ones people have already designed.

On top of this the moonstorms, as far as i know, can damage walls and structures so having control over them would be nice to prevent this, even if the damage they cause its minimal. Also the fact that in some late game worlds, some byomes packed with builts make for a not so fun enviroment to farm the materials.

My sugestion is to add an structure, similar to the pillars, made out of scrap that will force the moonstorms to spawn on the byome this structure resides. Of course after completing the event the moonstorm will move to another byome.

The player could create a circuit to farm the moonstorms, crafting two of this scrap pillars in two byomes next to each other and going back and forth.

The blueprint for this structure could be also a reward from scrap pig, nightmare werepig is mainly used to collect dreadstone and we get a pillar and a type of wall from him, would be cool his next iteration also mainly use for collection of one resource, gave us a pillar and a wall of said resource (this last one we already have).

In terms of maintenance, i think i would like the pillar costed o top of the 40 scrap a crown shard or a spark ark to make it permanent. But if we really want to add maintenance to it i think it should be "charged" with charged moonglass, the pillar has 10 charges and every time a moon storm spawns on it removes one charge, 2 charged moonglass to add a charge, this sort of system.

Finally i did a quick design of how the pillar could look, jus for fun, Thank you for reading and thanks klei for the best update this game has had in years.

1710502478482.jpg.bda7f72769175eb911235c6349338cec.jpg

Edited by Malfario
  • Like 8

7 hours ago, Malfario said:

Starting to say that i dont want neither would spect this feature to be introduced in this update, artist have enough work with chests and dust piles from lunnar hail and wormwood armor etc etc, to bother about this, but i think its an idea worth sharing so i would like to do so.

After the last hotfix in which was introduced the mechanic of "lightings on moonstorms generate moonglass" there is now an interest in sort of controllig the spawn of moosntorms to set farms like the ones people have already designed.

On top of this the moonstorms, as far as i know, can damage walls and structures so having control over them would be nice to prevent this, even if the damage they cause its minimal. Also the fact that in some late game worlds, some byomes packed with builts make for a not so fun enviroment to farm the materials.

My sugestion is to add an structure, similar to the pillars, made out of scrap that will force the moonstorms to spawn on the byome this structure resides. Of course after completing the event the moonstorm will move to another byome.

The player could create a circuit to farm the moonstorms, crafting two of this scrap pillars in two byomes next to each other and going back and forth.

The blueprint for this structure could be also a reward from scrap pig, nightmare werepig is mainly used to collect dreadstone and we get a pillar and a type of wall from him, would be cool his next iteration also mainly use for collection of one resource, gave us a pillar and a wall of said resource (this last one we already have).

In terms of maintenance, i think i would like the pillar costed o top of the 40 scrap a crown shard or a spark ark to make it permanent. But if we really want to add maintenance to it i think it should be "charged" with charged moonglass, the pillar has 10 charges and every time a moon storm spawns on it removes one charge, 2 charged moonglass to add a charge, this sort of system.

Finally i did a quick design of how the pillar could look, jus for fun, Thank you for reading and thanks klei for the best update this game has had in years.

1710502478482.jpg.bda7f72769175eb911235c6349338cec.jpg

It would be fun if these spawned in moonstorms too, but broken down. You will be able to hammer it for scrap and the blueprint.

• Like 1