Can't figure out new critter drop-off

Hello all.  

I'm playing the Spaced Out DLC and I am trying to new critter drop off in a hatch ranch.  I set the max limit of critters to 8 with a priority of 9, I believe that means dupes won't drop any more critters in there once it hits 8 critters; however, they keep dropping critters.  It got up to 20.  I have an evolution chamber with a drop-off priority 8 and wont place them in there when the ranch gets over 8.  I then put a critter pick-up in the ranch with limit of 8, and they will drop the critter off in the ranch first, then wrangle the critter and move it to the priority 8 kill chamber...but I aloso have another ranch drop off set to priority 9 with only 4 critters in there and they are ignoring that drop off. 

Pics attached, you can kinda see the priorities of the drop offs.  Any suggestions?  

01.png.365e1967509fad9a78c2d66c568cf201.png02.png.e046704644c4f0caed153b96e731d897.png

Edited by The Chairman

Can you share a picture of your sign settings?

The new items only count the specific type of critter, so if, for instance, you have it set to Stone Hatchlings, once they grow up they will no longer count.

Which would mean your duplicants ignore the fact that the ranch is full of stone hatches, notice instead that there are < 8 stone hatchlings, and queue up another baby for delivery.

image.png.962c4355b855d903acfc114bf6f12c99.png

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 4:15 PM, Red Shark said:

Can you share a picture of your sign settings?

The new items only count the specific type of critter, so if, for instance, you have it set to Stone Hatchlings, once they grow up they will no longer count.

Which would mean your duplicants ignore the fact that the ranch is full of stone hatches, notice instead that there are < 8 stone hatchlings, and queue up another baby for delivery.

image.png.962c4355b855d903acfc114bf6f12c99.png

@Red Shark That was it, thanks for the info.  My stables are now back to normal.  

• Like 1