QoL suggestions changes

Use this thread to suggest QoL changes that could be feasible for the next update.

I'll start:

Lunacy transition sounds . I've been asking for this one for YEARS but I believe it's necesito given how important Lunacy is presumably shaping up to be

Make Ocean fishes drop additional fish morsels/raw fish depending on weight. Currently, it's just outright better to go for pond fishing, even if ocean fishing is more fun. Since this is a thing with giant crops on farming, I don't see why heavier fish wouldn't be able to have some benefit.

Make Malbatross more common to encounter. Seriously that bird is stupidly elusive. It'd be pretty cool if it had mechanics similar to the tiger shark, having a low chance to spawn every time you do ocean fishing, on top of it's sea bass mechanics.

Now this probably wouldn't be feasible on this specific update but I'd love it if we had more set pieces. The pig and the merm in the caves are already a great start, here's some I've thought about:

Possibility for the pig king to be guarded, with guards allowing trades.

Abandoned dock: one or two dock tiles with an empty fish tank, and a random assortment of boat parts (boat kit, mast, anchor... Only 2 of each)

Well that's it for me. What do you guys wanna see on the game?

• Like 8

1 minute ago, JosePapp said:

Make Ocean fishes drop additional fish morsels/raw fish depending on weight. Currently, it's just outright better to go for pond fishing, even if ocean fishing is more fun. Since this is a thing with giant crops on farming, I don't see why heavier fish wouldn't be able to have some benefit.

High size fish have a couple of uses like trading with pearl and frostjaw

I prefer if they drop loot according with how difficult they are. Makes no sense to fight for +30 seconds to catch a lionfish for 1 unit of fish steak

For expample cods could drop corn+fish, catfish dropping 2 or 3, lionfish should drop 1fish+something special, scorching fish 1 fish+some charcoal or something fire related, ice breams 1 fish+5 ice (instead of just 1 ice), etc

• Like 1

This tmade me think of an abandoned boat: one setpiece has a sail and some loot in a chest (maybe make it so if you open a chest on board it suddenly springs leaks where they have boat patches to just **** with players, i miss those traps), maybe have a wood sword/tree jam along with rots, grass, twigs, an oar on board to imply pirates raided the boat? / another one that has a far sea fishing rod, fish tin bin with some rotten fish/alive fish (could also have the trap effect) with some survival stuff like a crockpot, a campfire, etc. Could also have a grass raft on board as a 'panic escape option' for the dead survivor

1 hour ago, JosePapp said:

Abandoned dock: one or two dock tiles with an empty fish tank, and a random assortment of boat parts (boat kit, mast, anchor... Only 2 of each)

Could add a boon thats a small island, that is just similar to mainland that drifted off into the waters, doesn't need to be surrounded by shallow waters as its just some drifting land

Also a boon thats an ocean trawler, it kinda reminds me of a bouy honestly, could be broken down or have some fish in there with ~20% 'freshness'

Thinking about it, they could have some more stuff that shows pirates have been sailing the seas more, like a pirate boat with some sort of loot (maybe have moonquay items on there, as they always have powder monkeys taking them on the island), another boon with just basic resources to aid the player on sailing trips, or some rot to maybe imply bananas that have rotted, or another one with a canon to show off what one can get when they find the moonquay. They could add one with a boat with a canon and nearby another pirate boat that just a bunch of trinkets so people that don't know will get ****** with them

• Like 2