please buff woby and save the walter!

walter is simply one of the most weak characters and his main advantage is give monster meat to woby and ride while attack, but it have a problem, why the ONLY useful advantage of the character is worst than a beefalo? it don't have sense and need to be changed!!! if woby receives a buff, walter could be a nice character and very fun because he has a very fun playstyle, but with woby being worst than a simple tamed beefalo don't have any reasons to play with him... please klei make woby better than beefalos!!!

• Like 6
  • Potato Cup 1

When I think of Walter I mainly think of not taking negative sanity drain and having a ranged weapon to fight with. 

When I think of Woby I think of the moment speed benefit and the storage benefit. I wouldn't consider battling with Woby.

It could be nice though maybe to feed Woby different foods for different tamed Beefalo buffs though. Monster Meat for attack buff, big meat for speed buff, and small meat for sanity buff? 

But I think Walter is still a really fun character to play as he is right now. With Woby's storage and added speed benefit Walter feels like a good nomad-esk character. Aka a camper.

5 minutes ago, InkArts said:

When I think of Walter I mainly think of not taking negative sanity drain and having a ranged weapon to fight with. 

When I think of Woby I think of the moment speed benefit and the storage benefit. I wouldn't consider battling with Woby.

It could be nice though maybe to feed Woby different foods for different tamed Beefalo buffs though. Monster Meat for attack buff, big meat for speed buff, and small meat for sanity buff? 

But I think Walter is still a really fun character to play as he is right now. With Woby's storage and added speed benefit Walter feels like a good nomad-esk character. Aka a camper.

the problem is: why you should play as walter if you can tame a beefalo (that is better than woby) and walk with the chester and don't get the disadvantages? so, everything that walters do the other characters can do not just the same but they can do better, this is the problem. When you is playing as walter you will probably need to tame a beefalo and it has no sense!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EzequielGM said:

the problem is: why you should play as walter if you can tame a beefalo (that is better than woby) and walk with the chester and don't get the disadvantages?

One upside Woby has over a beefalo and chester is that Woby is literally immortal as long as Walter is still alive. Another is the fact that he follows you without taking up an item slot. And personally I would rather just use Woby than go through almost a full season to tame a beefalo when I'm playing Walter.

Edited by InkArts

8 hours ago, InkArts said:

give woby steroids

• Big Ups 1

2 hours ago, InkArts said:

One upside Woby has over a beefalo and chester is that Woby is literally immortal as long as Walter is still alive. Another is the fact that he follows you without taking up an item slot. And personally I would rather just use Woby than go through almost a full season to tame a beefalo when I'm playing Walter.

I mean realistically a beefalo isn't going to get killed unless your careless or placed in a situation where you yourself were about to die. That being said unless your playing for more than 2 seasons as Walter it is generally better to stick to Woby despite being inferior since it's a big investment for a short play session.

12 hours ago, EzequielGM said:

walter is simply one of the most weak characters and his main advantage is give monster meat to woby and ride while attack, but it have a problem, why the ONLY useful advantage of the character is worst than a beefalo? it don't have sense and need to be changed!!! if woby receives a buff, walter could be a nice character and very fun because he has a very fun playstyle, but with woby being worst than a simple tamed beefalo don't have any reasons to play with him... please klei make woby better than beefalos!!!

I would say rather than being one of the weakest he's just one of the few remaining characters with actual impactful downsides which tends to make characters less popular those being Warly, Wormwood, and Walter himself. Compared to the rest of the cast their downsides stick with you and can't be glossed over which makes them much less popular than the rest of the cast's more minor downsides.

I will say though another thing going against him is how quality of life improvements have made his perks feel less valuable over the years. 

Just to give afew examples

• Woby used to be the only mount usable in the caves
  • You used to not be able to take beefalo with you when you logged out meaning if the server was still going odds are it would slowly untame or potientally get killed
  • There used to be less characters with ranged options
  • straw roll and other sleeping items got buffed
  • Like 3
  • Big Ups 2

2 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I mean realistically a beefalo isn't going to get killed unless your careless or placed in a situation where you yourself were about to die. That being said unless your playing for more than 2 seasons as Walter it is generally better to stick to Woby despite being inferior since it's a big investment for a short play session.

I would say rather than being one of the weakest he's just one of the few remaining characters with actual impactful downsides which tends to make characters less popular those being Warly, Wormwood, and Walter himself. Compared to the rest of the cast their downsides stick with you and can't be glossed over which makes them much less popular than the rest of the cast's more minor downsides.

I will say though another thing going against him is how quality of life improvements have made his perks feel less valuable over the years. 

Just to give afew examples

• Woby used to be the only mount usable in the caves
  • You used to not be able to take beefalo with you when you logged out meaning if the server was still going odds are it would slowly untame or potientally get killed
  • There used to be less characters with ranged options
  • straw roll and other sleeping items got buffed

I agree with you but i realy think that they could make the woby better than beefalos, all characters do things better than normal, wormwood for example, normal characters have the tooth trap, but wormwood have a better trap, winona makes the catapult which is better than Houndius Shootius, so somethings that already have in the game some characters do better, but why ONLY the walter have your ability worst? This is why in my opinion woby need to be buffed and be more powerful than beefalos

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

Walter is fine. He's just incredibly punishing to mistakes and is thus very beginner-unfriendly.

no he's not fine, no one plays with him because he is incredibly terrible with your advantages, everything that walter have as advantages every character can do, and better, maxwell is begginer-unfriendly too and people play with him because he rewards the player if knows how to play with him

• Like 6
  • Wavey 1
  • Potato Cup 1

28 minutes ago, EzequielGM said:

no he's not fine, no one plays with him because he is incredibly terrible with your advantages, everything that walter have as advantages every character can do, and better, maxwell is begginer-unfriendly too and people play with him because he rewards the player if knows how to play with him

I play him.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

Walter is fine. He's just incredibly punishing to mistakes and is thus very beginner-unfriendly.

I have to disagree here the problem Walter faces is he's not only unfriendly to beginners but he also has not much to offer to more experienced players his perks are mostly niche with alternatives that are as good or better than what he offers. If you enjoy the advantages ranged combat brings characters like Willow, Webber, Wolfgang, Wigfrid, and even Maxwell offer alternatives that are as good if not better than the slingshot in terms of ranged combat while being far less expensive to maintain than the slingshot ammo. Woby is inferior to a beefalo in every way except being able to die and the taming process as even in terms of maintenance Woby is more expensive. While Woby does also fill the role of Chester there's usually not a need to carry that much and even then bundling wraps exist. A straw roll or a pre crafted tent can fill the role of the portable tent. I don't think Walter is a bad character but it's clear why he gets so much crap from the community.

32 minutes ago, EzequielGM said:

I wouldn't really call Maxwell beginner unfriendly I know people look at his hp and immediately assume that but realistically speaking a new player is gonna die from getting hit regardless of if their hp is 75 or 300 yea he gives a smaller window but it's not as big of a deal as you might think.

Edited by Mysterious box
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Woby can have more niches like being able to bark to scare mobs while big.

I wouldn't mind this and while I know people complained about it last time I brought it up I think giving Woby the ability to fetch items to place in her bag and dig up stumps would be nice as well.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I wouldn't mind this and while I know people complained about it last time I brought it up I think giving Woby the ability to fetch items to place in her bag and dig up stumps would be nice as well.

yeeessss this suggestion is just perfect dude!!!! like when you're on the woby u can do all the things, collect items, open chests....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, EzequielGM said:

yeeessss this suggestion is just perfect dude!!!! like when you're on the woby u can do all the things, collect items, open chests....

Honestly I've made this suggestion multiple times in the past but a certain group of people kept trying to shut the suggestion down since they were adapted from a mod that a certain set of the community make it their mission to crap on.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, EzequielGM said:

the problem is: why you should play as walter if you can tame a beefalo (that is better than woby) and walk with the chester and don't get the disadvantages? so, everything that walters do the other characters can do not just the same but they can do better, this is the problem. When you is playing as walter you will probably need to tame a beefalo and it has no sense!!!

Because you can let Woby take the Eye Bone and have even more slots.

The 9 extra slots from Woby do not disappear when you have Chester. You don’t have to pick one over another. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

One i saw that i love and will keep repeating is Woby gathering and harvesting items that are in her inventory.

Another idea i thought of is giving woby an item in a special inventory slot to make her track more of them, just like wheeler.

• Like 3