Farming improvement suggestions

I don't like farming and very rarely participate in it, and when I do - it's purely for amusement and not for the actual value of veggies. 

My problem with farming is how many repetitive actions you have to do, and since reward is basically just food i simply don't bother. Every time you wanna farm you have to: plow the earth, plant the seeds, water the seeds, tend to seeds, add fertilizer, harvest the plants, hammer the plants (if mega), pick the plants up (if mega), fry the plants (if it's potato, tomato, eggplant, asparagus, pumpkin). 

Let's look at every one of these repetitive actions,  what their issue is and how they could be improved:

1. Plowing the earth. You have to do it manually 8 or 9 times per 1 turf so it gets annoying rather quickly. A side note is that hoes are not durable enough, making flint hoe unusable. Brightshade shoevel is a late game upgrade that dosen't do anything - just has more durability. Wormwood dosen't need to do this and I think that's fair. My suggestion is: allow regimajic to be used again on a created farm turf which will cause it to do the same animation but shorter, waste only 5% durability and plow the turf to have 9 holes. 

2. Planting seeds. This is a simple issue - wrong animation. No other plant uses the harvest animation when you plant it, and even old farms had an instant planting animation. Wormwood plants seeds instantly and I don't think that's fair. My suggestion: allow every character to plant seeds as fast as wormwood. 

3. Watering seeds. It's alright. You water up to 9 plants at once after all. Rain also skips this part which is lovely. But I do wish for some improvements still. My suggestion: make malbatros water can twice as intensive as a normal one. And allow us to use fire pump on land and let it target farms. Ironically people use water can meant for farms to extinguish boats, so it's only natural to use fire pump meant for boats on a farm. I get that it's supposedly issues ocean water but dst never had any logic to it so let's just say spitting fish has an infinite water supply inside. 

4.tending to seeds. Now this is what I love about farms. The amount of options and strategies you have is incredible, and this is what we all love about this game outside of farms as well. Variety. Klei really nailed it! I do have issues with shell bells and fruit fly tho. My suggestion: please increase shell bell range so that you could put one in the middle of 4 turfs because current range forced us to put shell in the middle of every tile which is ugly, you have to remove it next time you gonna plant, and unless you put it perfectly in the middle - one corner plant will not be affected. As for fruit fly - please make an unloaded mode for it and if that's OP - make it only work for 1 tile on which the fruit is placed. 

5. Adding fertilizer. Zero complaints here. I love the different fertilizing options, I love self sustaining combos. It's fast and effective either way. 

6. Harvest the plants. Tbh I never tried using shadow reaper on farms but I assume it works. So this part is already solved? 

7. Hammering megas. The only way to speed this up is to use bearger which is very risky. I don't have any suggestions. 

8. Picking plants up. Also already solved with orange amulet. 

9. Frying veggies. Unless you are the cooking trio this is a very tedious and boring process, and it's affecting the game outside of farming too. I tend to not bother with frying anything. My suggestion: add grill from the gorge into the game. Put stacks of food inside, add some fire fuel and soon enough the food is fried.