=- WICKERBOTTOM SKILLTREE! -=

Hate playing Maxwell with a burning passion? GOOD!

- Path 1: Chapter 2 -

This path adds secondary abilities to Wickerbottom's books, which must be cast similarly to the codex umbra menu. Maxwell cannot use these abilities.

I think these should be split into seperate branches as the final skill, so that what you pick in a skilltree matters.

1. Bestiary - Gain 5 new skills.

On tentacles - Can summon 3 squid tentacles in the water that function identically to swamp tentacles. (-50 S per use.)

Apicultural - Summon ranged hornets that take up 2 Grumble bee slots. (Deal 20 damage, have 100 health and a range of 1,25 tiles.) (-33 S per use.)

Birds OTW - Summon penguins that leave after 10 days. (-50 S per use.)

Arachnophobia - Convert a spider nest into a spider queen, regardless of it's stage. (-100 S per use.)

Angle's SG - Summon a bootleg getaway portal, 2 day cooldown. (-100 S per use.)

1. Journey through the elements - Gain 4 new skills.

Pyrotechnics - Summon 2 lavae, capped at 6. (-33 S per use.)

The end is nigh! - 3 tile radius, your and your allies' attacks become electric for 3 minutes. (-75 S per use.)

Tempering temperatures - Become immune to being frozen and burning for 2 minutes. (-50 S per use.)

Practical rain rituals - Freeze wet enemies. (-33 S per use.)

3. Master botanist - Gain 3 new skills.

Silviculture - Convert 3 trees into treeguards. (-50 S per use.)

Horticulture - Fertilizes 40 plants in a radius and makes them immune to withering for 6 days. (-33 S per use.)

Horticulture abridged - Fertilizes 20 plants in a radius, makes them immune to withering for 2 days. (-33 S per use.)

4. Enlightenment - Gain 4 new skills.

Everything E - Gain the ability to craft 3 ruins items. (- 250 S per use.)

Lunar grimoire - Cast a moonstorm anywhere you want. (- 125 S per use.)

Lux Aeterna - Cast a new moon. (- 125 S per use.)

Sleepytime stories - You and your allies become immune to falling asleep for 3 minutes. (-50 S per use.)

- PATH 2: Uncomfort zone -

This path is meant to make adventuring with books in hand more convenient.

1. Speed reader  - Read books 1,5x faster.

2. Mending hands - Books are repaired for 25% per day when in Wickerbottom's inventory.

3. Handbag - Wickerbottom can craft a handbag to store her books. The handbag functions similarly to a Bearger bin and holds 6 books, can cast books from the handbag. Can only hold 1 handbag in your inventory.

- PATH 3: Private research -

Combat oriented.

1. Animal studies - Wickerbottom can study a creature's weaknesses. If she lands 5 consecutive hits on an enemy and doesn't pause for 10 seconds then she will deal 1,25x damage to them. Lost after doing nothing for 10 seconds.

2. Show no fear - After being near a specific species of monster for 10 seconds, she will no longer lose sanity from being near them. Lost if you are 4 tiles away from them for 1 minute.

3. Adrenaline rush - Faster movement speed under 100 sanity.

- POST CC -

1. Blessed - Wickerbottom physically cannot lose sanity when under the effects of Lunacy.

2. A trip to the moon! - Wickerbottom can use a new combat oriented book! Maxwell cannot use it. Wickerbottom cannot use it if she has a shadow alignment.

= A study in astrology. =

RECIPE:

[Papyrus] x 4

[Enlightened shard] x 1

[Sanity] x 200

The book has 75 uses.

Ability 1: Cast a circle of the Celestial champion's beams around you, 125 damage. (-10 S per use.)

Ability 2: Summon an Enlightening snare, which lasts for 20 seconds and periodically deals 10 regular and 10 planar damage per second to enemies around it. (-20 S per use.)

- POST FW -

1. Desentisized - Wickerbottom loses slightly less sanity from all sources.

2. Borrowed knowledge - Wickerbottom can now use an abridged version of the codex umbra for utility! Maxwell can use it. Wickerbottom cannot use this if she has a lunar alignment.

= Codex umbra, abridged =

RECIPE:

[Health] x 40

[Nightmare fuel] x 4

[Papyrus] x 4

20 uses, cannot be refueled using nightmare fuel.

Ability 1: Cast a shadow servant with Wickerbottom's likeness, takes away 33% of your max sanity.

Ability 2: Cast a shadow butterfly, which functions like a speedier butterfly. Enemies will be distracted by it and chase it, eventually killing it.

- MY THOUGHTS -

Wickerbottom is a bit lackluster right now because Maxwell can do anything she can and more for a simple higher sanity cost. I think adding secondary character exclusive abilties for her would add more incentive to play her instead.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by marshyds
  • Like 1

inb4 a maxwell skilltree comes a month after wb's and invalidates her existence :despair:

I skimmed through your post and I love the categories but not the details, although as a 2k hour wb player
 all I want for her is not to be a "make books and swap to maxwell" character as the sanity cost isn't really a deterrent but rather a way for max to become more of a book spammer than wb since he loves nmf and has natural sanity regen and no food issues..

Edited by Almoboi

2 hours ago, Almoboi said:

"make books and swap to maxwell" character as the sanity cost isn't really a deterrent but rather a way for max to become more of a book spammer than wb since he loves nmf and has natural sanity regen and no food issues..

Yeah, the idea was that maybe if she could have exclusive secondary abilities to her books then it may be more fun playing her (Reminder, Maxwell is supposed to not have access to the second abilities.) It could use more though, i started making this skill tree because i had cool ideas for more book abilities BUT needed filler too.

2 hours ago, Almoboi said:

I skimmed through your post and I love the categories but not the details

Details?