Suggestion: Rework or upgrade the Lazy explorer

So, it is pretty known that the Lazy explorer is meant to explore the map in a faster way than the conventional walking around the entire map.

However, ironically, the majority of players do not use the item for exploration itself as the name of the item suggests, but as a tool to fight specific bosses such as Fuelweaver. People even avoid replacing the walking cane for the Lazy Explorer because they can missclick and unintentionally telepoof, wasting a precious charge of this unchargeable item.

Thus, my suggestion for promoting the use of this item is to make a way to refuel the Lazy Explorer, or even make an upgrade late game item for the staff like a "Lazier Explorer" (haha) that can recharge itself with a specific item.  

Regarding the specific item for repairing it, I would suggest a brand new item that needs to be crafted with orange gems and thulecite. It is pretty common for late game to have a lot of orange gems for no further use. This also applies to thulecites, since the lunar/shadow rift items are the norm in the late game. 

I think this concept would also not outshine Wortox since getting souls is way easier than having to farm orange gems and thulecites in a large amount, and also the fact that this mechanic would be a late game feature.

I would love to see what u guys think of this idea.

Kindest regards,

• Like 1

What if you could make "gem batteries" (Winona not intended) for the different staves?

Like, make 4 batteries out of 1 thu and 1 gem that each restore 25% durability or so.

Stacks up to 20.

People avoid taking advantage of lazy explorers while they have a chest filled with orange gems

Lazy explorer is really useful from evading atacks, saving time telepuffing throw gaps of land or simply spamming it to reach the "safe zone" to fight hounds/bosses without loosing half of your base 

I just have some lazy explorers in a chest and replace them at 5%, when im low on fresh ones i bring all of them to the pseudoscience altar and recraft all of them

Wont be against of refuelling it with orange gems but i dont think is that big of a deal

Edited by arubaro
  • Like 1