saveindex file missing...help....

I've been trying to transfer my world to a dedicated server I created by following the video tutorial below. However, I could not find the saveindex file in client_save (the last step in the video). The result has been me being able to transfer the exact world/biome to the dedicated server but not the existing characters and their inventories (I do have everything that's not on any characters though). Could anyone help, please?

My guess would be that Klei renamed that file into "shardsaveindex".

At least that's the closest name of a file that is in that folder. Try copying that one over.

Alternatively you can check if the <cluster>/<save ID>/Master/save/session/<some ID> folder has been copied over properly. This should be where your character save(s) are located. Also make sure that there's no new <some ID> there that was newly generated. (I have no idea how unique that ID is.)

If it's a different ID, you can just copy over the content of the old <some ID> folder to the newly generated one and see if your character get's the items from before.

• GL Happy 1

On 2/27/2024 at 3:01 PM, Daniel86268 said:

My guess would be that Klei renamed that file into "shardsaveindex".

At least that's the closest name of a file that is in that folder. Try copying that one over.

Alternatively you can check if the <cluster>/<save ID>/Master/save/session/<some ID> folder has been copied over properly. This should be where your character save(s) are located. Also make sure that there's no new <some ID> there that was newly generated. (I have no idea how unique that ID is.)

If it's a different ID, you can just copy over the content of the old <some ID> folder to the newly generated one and see if your character get's the items from before.

Wow you really inspired me to eventually figure it out!

The <some ID> has all the world saves. The character save is in another folder under the <some ID> folder, so it's <cluster>/<save ID>/Master/save/session/<some ID>/<some ID>. The only way to make it work, though, is to copy all the 000000xx files over to the newly generated <some ID>. Then you need to go into each 000000xx file (text editor) to swap the path to the newly generated "some ID". Afterward, you go into the character <some ID> and swap the path the same way. You just need to make sure the character file names match the latest world file name or whatever save slot you want to go back to.

• Like 1