WES skill tree wish list.

Wes Skill tree made by someone who only plays Wes... mostly.

image.png.f5faf787bf306be432a4ebe70e7d00fe.png

My english and my typing is not that good so forgive me. Now i have numberd all the skills so i can explain them better, starting from the MIME branch.

MIME 

1. More bad luck. This skill only nerffs wes but you have to take it to get access to other skills. As for how wes whoud be nerffed i leave that to the developers ("cough" beefalos).

2. Sanity aura. Wes now gives a smal sanity boost to anyone close to him, similarly to glommer and other allied creatures.

3. Waterballoons. Wes can now turn normal balloons in to waterballoons if near a ponds

4. Sanity Modifier. Wes now passivly geins small amount of sanity (+1.33/min) like a Garland

5. Less hp penalty. when wes is revived he won't loos max health, (still looses max health if drowns).

6. Stronger armor. Armor worn by Wes breaks 25% slower

7. Phantomimes Tool. Allows Wes to make invisible tools at the cost of -5 sanity but they are lot slower and have low durability.

Balloonomancy 1

1. More Balloons! Normal balloons now cost -2 sanity insted of the -5 sanity, does not affect any other balloon types.

2. Speedy balloons 1. Speedy balloons now last 50% longer and are 5% faster

3. Speedy balloons 2. Speedy balloons last now 100% longer 

4. Speedy balloons 3. Speedy balloons last 200% longer and gain the ability to jump (similarly to frog Webber https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=451023177) if the balloon is at 66% or higher.

5. Balloon hat 1. when wearing Balloon hat rabbits wont run away from the player and frogs become neutral.

6. Balloon hat 2. If balloon hat is worn 20 sec or more it becomes charget with static and will shock any enemy that hits you.

7. Balloon vest 1. Balloon vest now prevent loss of items when falling into ocean.

8. Balloon vest 2. Balloon vest will now work as 1 time use armor and will absorbs 50% of physical damage.

9. longer balloons. Balloon hat and balloon vest will now last x2 times as long and have 20% chance to not pop when taking damage

10. faster balloons. wes will now craft all balloons littel faster. To unlock this you must have at least 6 or more skills learned from the Balloonomancy 1 branch.

11. highe presure balloons. all balloons will now deal 20 damage to non players when popt instead of the normal 5. and normal balloons have a chance to frighten what ever pops it

12. dark balloon. Every time you make a normal balloon you hava a 1% chance to make a black balloon that deals 1000 damage to non players when popt

Balloonomancy 2

1. Balloon sword. Balloon sword deals no damage but has a chance to pacify Mobs similarly Tail o' Three Cats. it cost -5 sanity to make and also you can hit team mates with it even if pvp is not on.

2. Balloon umbrella. You can now craft a balloon umbrella with the cost of -5 sanity. it give 40% wetness resistance and 20% overheating resistance but it increeses the chance of getting hit by lightning.

3. stationary umbrella. with the cost of -5 sanity you can now craft stationary balloon umbrella that give 35% wetness resistance to anyone under it. it last 1 in game day.

4. Balloon cannon. Balloon cannon cost -5 sanity to make  and it can be used to launch other balloons from it. it wont do any damage.

5. Deadly balloon cannon. Balloon cannon can now deal damage, dealing 5 damage normaly but if  you have Highe presure balloons skill it deals 20 damage.

6. Balloon mine. balloon mine can be planted with the cost of -5 sanity and it deals 5 damage to any enemy that walks past it with long range radius. it damage can be increesed by having the Highe presure balloons skill.

7. Balloon Furniture. You can now craft balloon chairs and balloon tables with the cost of -5 sanity. Cosmetic only

8. Balloon Roll. You can now craft balloon rolls with the cost of -5 sanity. they work identical to straw roll and fur roll but you can only sleep in them during day and it pops after its use dealing 5 damage.

9. BALLOON MECH! Wes can now craft Inflatable balloon mech that cost -15 sanity and 4 nightmare fuel. Balloon mech will absorbs 100% of any incoming damage but it pops after first hit. when insed the mech you can use eny equipment like backpacks and armor but gain ability to dodge similarly to Wheeler from hamlet. also gain 10% speed increes, x2 times the mele range and the ability to shoot balloons that draws enemy attention towards wes. But balloon mech has downsides, it only deals 7 damage (similarly to wes with no weapon)with its mele, the ranged weapon deals 5 damage and the mech slowly drains sanity when inside it. The mech will pops after 1 in game day. 

10. Balloon mech Mk 2. Increeses Balloon mechs mele damage from 7 to 10 and when insed the mech wes will now slowly regen health. the mech will now last 1,5 in game days.

11. Balloon mech Mk 3. Balloon mechs damage is now increesed to 20 and you can now wear backpacks, armor and other equipment inside it. The mech can now be given to team mates and it last 2 in game days.

Shadow Aligment

1. Scary balloon hat. Balloon hat will now frighten enemys when its popt.

2. Balloon stack. Craftable balloon stack that cost -5 sanity to make it allows you to fly away from caves when used (cosmetink only when in the surface). if taking damage when its in inventory it will pop. works with non wes players also.

Lunar aligment 

1. Balloon boat. You can now craft a balloon boat with cost of -5 sanity. it only has 1 hp but wont take damage from collisions.

2. More confety! Party Balloons sanity effect will last longer, but it wont give extra sanity if alone. 

Thats all for now, let me know what you think will have bigest chance of getting in to game and what has the lowes, and tell me what you like to see most for the wes's skill tree. I personaly hope that the Inflatable vest will get buffed and that the balloon mech gets addet, i still can't belive that they showed us the balloon mech in one of the animations only to not give it to us i am still angry. even tho i didnt play the game back then but still... anyways thaks for reading, hoping some klei devs out there are reading this too.

:D

• Like 3

3 hours ago, herraboo said:

can use eny equipment like backpacks and armor

thats typing error, its supposed say "can't use eny equipment..."

Edited by herraboo

I want to add a Mime idea just for fun.

Every time Wes unequip an weapon or tool, he remembers it and his next attack will be that weapon's invisible form, dealing half of that weapon's original damage. The mimefied weapon breaks after one attack.

(I imagine this will be fun for those who likes equip/unequip items constantly)

• Like 1
  • Potato Cup 2

I can mostly agree with some ideas listed above, but making too many upsides to a challenge character might ruin it(many characters have LOTS of upsides in their skill tree, but it was intentionally designed for that. Maybe Wes will be the only one without a skilltree? Last time he got an upgrade, his downsides were so bad, almost everyone quit playing him, and I don’t blame them.), coming from a lifeless Wes main. IMO, Wes doesn’t really need change. He was always deemed the ‘pair of hands and legs that can make balloons’, and his character is already hard enough. This is not entirely wrong, but it is partly true. I made a Wes skilltree idea before, but it literally changes nothing, but seems like it does, except new balloon types after killing the 2 final bosses (Celestial champion and ancient fuelweaver.) that literally don’t have many special property. Meaning basically I just want Wes to have small upsides that legit don’t do anything (Again) and not many downsides. Summing it up it’s probably just minor tweaks and new balloon types. But all in all these are very good suggestion (again in my opinion), but don’t add too many upsides that make him as good as his OG design before his rework. Good work on the random balloon items tho. Very creative and they sound cool and I like.

again, this is just a mere suggestion and opinions.

Edited by Trontar
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 9:46 AM, herraboo said:

it only has 1 hp but wont take damage from collisions

It would be funny if it took damage from collisions and instantly popped. But any kind of boat shield will prevent all dmg

On 2/19/2024 at 9:43 AM, Trontar said:

I can mostly agree with some ideas listed above, but making too many upsides to a challenge character might ruin it(many characters have LOTS of upsides in their skill tree, but it was intentionally designed for that. Maybe Wes will be the only one without a skilltree? Last time he got an upgrade, his downsides were so bad, almost everyone quit playing him, and I don’t blame them.), coming from a lifeless Wes main. IMO, Wes doesn’t really need change. He was always deemed the ‘pair of hands and legs that can make balloons’, and his character is already hard enough. This is not entirely wrong, but it is partly true. I made a Wes skilltree idea before, but it literally changes nothing, but seems like it does, except new balloon types after killing the 2 final bosses (Celestial champion and ancient fuelweaver.) that literally don’t have many special property. Meaning basically I just want Wes to have small upsides that legit don’t do anything (Again) and not many downsides. Summing it up it’s probably just minor tweaks and new balloon types. But all in all these are very good suggestion (again in my opinion), but don’t add too many upsides that make him as good as his OG design before his rework. Good work on the random balloon items tho. Very creative and they sound cool and I like.

again, this is just a mere suggestion and opinions.

I personaly still wish that wes gets some acctual changes, not too big changes but something to help him keep up with the other charecters. But then again everyone seams to want different things from wes. Some people see him as only the challenge charecter and there for want the skill tree to make changes that make him even harder, (and for thous people i like to ask are you even gona play wes after this?). And some people (myself included) see him as just another charecter to main, a charecter that sacrifices stats for goofy and minor up sides to make danger feel more dangerus along with being more fun. That makes me wonder what klei will acctuly decide to do for wes. thats why i made this wish list to hopefully avoid wes from becoming just a one time solo world challenge.

-Sorry for late response and thanks for sharing your opinion : D