Maxwell skilltree ideas!

=- Maxwell skilltree! -=

This magician is going to become 10% more magical!

=- Handier fuel -=

1) Maxwell can use nightmare fuel to refuel nightmare swords and armor, plus some new stuff.

2) Maxwell can use nightmare fuel to craft new stuff.

- Night helm -

"Putting nightmare fuel near my head is a GREAT idea." - Maxwell

- Recipe -

[Papyrus] x 4

[Nightmare fuel] x 6

USE: Deal 10 more damage with any nightmare fuel related weapon. -5 sanity per hit, 90% defense, can be refuelled with nightmare fuel.

- Night light -

"Good night." - Maxwell

- Recipe -

[Nightmare fuel] x 5

[Lantern] x 1

USE: Emits a very dim light (enough to prevent death), nearby enemies take damage from darkness (50 damage, enemies aggro to you.) 20 uses, each piece of fuel refuels 4 uses.

=- True love -=

1) Maxwell can see sillouhettes in the dark, but darkness still kills him.

2) Maxwell can craft Charlie's rose

- Charlie's rose RECIPE -

[Dark petals] x 3

[Shadow fuel] x 1

USE: Spawns 8 nightmare creatures that won't go away when burnt. Will grant insanity when worn by maxwell (No sanity drain, doesn't break)

=- Showmanship -=

1) Bigger splash - Shadow sneak has a wider area of effect, follows enemies.

2) Open your mind - Servants can work in a wider area.

3) Rehab - Imprisoned monsters don't get angry.

4) Kamikaze - Upon dying, shadow duelists summon a meteor on their location for 50 damage.

=- Post fuelweaver -=

1) Humbling reality - Maxwell is immune to sanity drain.

2) Smarterer knowledge - Your alliance with the shadow queen has enabled you to craft a horrid version of your codex!

=- Horrid codex -=

"The nightmare fuel has made it incredibly powerful." - Maxwell

- Recipe -

[Pure horror] x 4

[Dark tatters] x 2

[Codex umbra] x 1

Must be refuelled with pure horror.

- Spells -

Some scary spells for the soul.

Horrid slaves - Mine, dig, chop 33% faster, expires slower.

Horrid shackles - Mobs are completely immobilized, being unable to attack.

Horrid espionage - Enemies are 66% slower, panic like normal. Can be used on bosses to slightly slow them down.

Terrorbeaks - Nightmare duelists replaced by terrorbeaks that attack enemies.

=- Post CC -=

1) Brains over brawn - Maxwell gets 25 extra max sanity.

2) New knowledge - The cryptic founder will reward your curiosity by enabling you to craft a lunar version of the codex!

=- Lunar codex -=

"I have doubts." - Maxwell

- Recipe -

[Pure brilliance] x 4

[Brightshade husk] x 2

[Codex umbra] x 1

Must be refuelled with pure brilliance.

- Spells -

Lunar servants - Pick up items 100% faster, incredibly fast movement speed.

Lunar chains - Mobs affected will be pinned to a specific area by a chain, they can move in the area but are unable to go beyond it. Lasts longer then the shadow prison

Heart attack - Mobs will fall asleep, start panicking for a bit when they wake up.

Lunar archers - Duelists replaced with archers, which shoot enemies and run from them. 50 HP.

Prison.webp

Edited by marshyds

23 hours ago, SSneaky said:

over summoning a meteor how about instead they just burst sort of like those pure horror dropping enemies

Maybe Horrid codex terrorbeaks would pop? 

I added the meteor mechanic for duelists cuz it would be a fun reference to the maxwell fight official mod.

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2024 at 5:13 AM, marshyds said:

Terrorbeaks - Nightmare duelists replaced by terrorbeaks that attack enemies

duelists should ride infused terror beaks 

i think when Maxwell refuels the codex with pure horror the next certain number of Spells are infused and looks slightly different do to being infused you know either the red adding more detail to the design 

shadow sneak:  bigger range 

Shadow prison: last longer 

Shadow servants: more health and range

shadow duelist: more health and attack strength

Charlie’s rose should have the same spike attack as bramble arm but with planar damage 

Although i think Maxwell’s skill tree is going to be the shadow equivalent to worm wood’s, although you have it close I think the lunar side should should mirror the shadow side better 

On 2/18/2024 at 12:43 AM, Dr.Webber said:

duelists should ride infused terror beaks 

i think when Maxwell refuels the codex with pure horror the next certain number of Spells are infused and looks slightly different do to being infused you know either the red adding more detail to the design 

shadow sneak:  bigger range 

Shadow prison: last longer 

Shadow servants: more health and range

shadow duelist: more health and attack strength

Charlie’s rose should have the same spike attack as bramble arm but with planar damage 

Although i think Maxwell’s skill tree is going to be the shadow equivalent to worm wood’s, although you have it close I think the lunar side should should mirror the shadow side better 

Heres an idea: maxwell is now able to fuel his REGULAR codex with either brilliance or horror depending on which alignment he chose, effectively giving it 3 different charges for 3 different groups of spells (or 2 because you can't fuel it with all 3)

If 1 charge runs out then that spell group is off limits until it is charged.

4 hours ago, marshyds said:

Heres an idea: maxwell is now able to fuel his REGULAR codex with either brilliance or horror depending on which alignment he chose, effectively giving it 3 different charges for 3 different groups of spells (or 2 because you can't fuel it with all 3)

If 1 charge runs out then that spell group is off limits until it is charged.

Would the codex umbra be turned into a codex lunares upon being fueled by pure brilliance 

On 2/17/2024 at 10:05 PM, marshyds said:

Maybe Horrid codex terrorbeaks would pop? 

I added the meteor mechanic for duelists cuz it would be a fun reference to the maxwell fight official mod.

did you mean the lost fragment ? and i notice the shadowmaxwell can trade places with one of his images when summon images. That's cool if maxwell has this ability to escape from danger

9 hours ago, Littlefat1213 said:

That's cool if maxwell has this ability to escape from danger

I feel like that might be a little overpowered.

If you place a shadow puppet somewhere and teleport the codex becomes an alternative to the lazy explorer.