my wishlist yay!!! (shameless copying)

i've seen people on youtube and on here make wishlists of suggestions for DST this year

I would also like to make one too.

Here is what I would love to see klei add.

1. Early game rework

A way to make the early game a little more varied and less grindy. I think large grass tufts should be added from hamlet, as well as shears and new "large saplings" for lack of a better word. I'd want to see early game grass/twig collection changed a bit, because it gets a little monotonous and it's hard coming up with new ways to make it fun.

Also pigs should get mad at you when you break their houses, - idk that part to me just makes sense. lmk what you think

2. Hamlet/Shipwrecked content. 

Hear me out, I'm not asking for klei to add those DLC
Right now the overarching adventure most players take on to challenge themselves in the early game is going to the ruins and getting gear from there. But what if we had another place on the surface (that you swim to via boat) that can rival the ruins? in terms of gear and such. 

It's not "ruins but on the surface" It's a suggestion to add a new island that causes the player to think: "Should I go to the ruins in the first autumn or should I go to this island instead?"
I think having a place that's equally as good as the ruins in it's own right to make players decide where they should rush first would make the game so much more fun, and I think this can be integrated with adding stuff from hamlet or shipwrecked. Not a full dlc port but maybe we can a pig village island, with open markets of pigs at stands selling goodies like in hamlet, and some abandoned temples like the pig ruins, with traps, puzzling rooms, stuff like that. We got a taste of shipwrecked when the first update adding boats came out. Maybe this year we can get a similar taste of hamlet?

3. Seasons

I would love to see new biomes that serve as extra challenge
A snowy biome that's permamently cold for example, always winter in that biome. In fact I think adding new biomes that have permament climate effects would be very interesting, this can also be done in the caves. The island thing i mentioned earlier can also work on it's own cycle of seasons, and maybe we can get humid, dry and temperate functioning on them

4. A guraunteed way to get a walrus tusk/walking cane before winter

PLEASE

I know ancient guardian has a chance to drop one

I know it can be found in sunken chests/presents/on a skeleton very rarely

But I would really would like there to be a way to go to hell and back just to get one guraunteed early on. Maybe the snow biome i mentioned could be the way to do it. 

yeah that's about it

i'd add more but i want to keep it short (i yapped)

let me know what you think

33 minutes ago, Seero said:

Early game rework

Yeah, the early game is really grindy right now. I'd love to see some interesting new mechanics for that.

35 minutes ago, Seero said:

Seasons

This would be nice.

36 minutes ago, Seero said:

A guaranteed way to get a walrus tusk/walking cane before winter

That would be cool.

37 minutes ago, Seero said:

Right now the overarching adventure most players take on to challenge themselves in the early game is going to the ruins and getting gear from there. But what if we had another place on the surface (that you swim to via boat) that can rival the ruins? in terms of gear and such. 

It's not "ruins but on the surface" It's a suggestion to add a new island that causes the player to think: "Should I go to the ruins in the first autumn or should I go to this island instead?"
I think having a place that's equally as good as the ruins in it's own right to make players decide where they should rush first would make the game so much more fun, and I think this can be integrated with adding stuff from hamlet or shipwrecked. Not a full dlc port but maybe we can a pig village island, with open markets of pigs at stands selling goodies like in hamlet, and some abandoned temples like the pig ruins, with traps, puzzling rooms, stuff like that. We got a taste of shipwrecked when the first update adding boats came out. Maybe this year we can get a similar taste of hamlet?

I really want this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seero said:

i've seen people on youtube and on here make wishlists of suggestions for DST this year

I would also like to make one too.

Here is what I would love to see klei add.

1. Early game rework

A way to make the early game a little more varied and less grindy. I think large grass tufts should be added from hamlet, as well as shears and new "large saplings" for lack of a better word. I'd want to see early game grass/twig collection changed a bit, because it gets a little monotonous and it's hard coming up with new ways to make it fun.

Also pigs should get mad at you when you break their houses, - idk that part to me just makes sense. lmk what you think

It looks like a veteran talking, if you are new in the game the early game is full of stuff to do. 

8 hours ago, Seero said:

A pig Island or the volcano to bring coffee, elephant cactus and obsidian to DST would be amazing. 

8 hours ago, Seero said:

3. Seasons

I would love to see new biomes that serve as extra challenge
A snowy biome that's permamently cold for example, always winter in that biome. In fact I think adding new biomes that have permament climate effects would be very interesting, this can also be done in the caves. The island thing i mentioned earlier can also work on it's own cycle of seasons, and maybe we can get humid, dry and temperate functioning on them

4. A guraunteed way to get a walrus tusk/walking cane before winter

PLEASE

I know ancient guardian has a chance to drop one

I know it can be found in sunken chests/presents/on a skeleton very rarely

But I would really would like there to be a way to go to hell and back just to get one guraunteed early on. Maybe the snow biome i mentioned could be the way to do it. 

yeah that's about it

i'd add more but i want to keep it short (i yapped)

let me know what you think

I think walking cane in the first season is not necessary, if you want something to walk faster in the first season you can go to ruins and get some Magiluminescence and Thulecite Club. 

11 hours ago, Habakkuk said:

It looks like a veteran talking, if you are new in the game the early game is full of stuff to do. 

Is there something wrong with a veteran talking? Also i'm not even close to being a veteran

if you're new to any game there's always going to be stuff to do

shouldn't detract from the fact that the early game should be adjusted a bit

Edited by Seero