Difficulty scaling mechanics and enemy spawning 'groups'

Ran a LOT of the Mother Treek F1, 2, and 3 today and noticed a bit of a pattern. 

The 'routes' in as soon as you get into F2 and 3 seem to almost always start off with a tefra room and lead into a room with a tefra, a gold power, and a silver power route. The gold power route was, often times, borderline impossible even on F2. There is a specific combination of monsters that really makes it daunting, 2-3 trees + the imbued onion guys that do the sonic the hedgehog dash. With just a couple of those + the trees, 2 people can barely do anything other than run around in circles. The second you take a swing you get smacked. The few times we were successful involved me throwing both my strikers out and just sort of praying that they got knocked around enough to kill some things. 

Some of the monsters that have this full screen threat should probably be limited in appearing together in certain numbers. The difficulty of the room could still be high with a big yammo boi or the green fellow with the  claw, claw, double claw, spinny move series of attacks, and reduce the combination of tree+sonic the hedgeonion. 

It's specifically the full screen nature of their attacks that make it feel like bad RNG. 

Additionally, I'm not sure if it's my imagination, but are the power offerings altered at higher frenzy levels as well? It felt like we got a lot less of the synergistic powers. Almost never saw any of the 'static' type attacks and a lot of the "10 hit string" type powers, which is fine, just... it felt like 1 additional layer on the difficulty and going down in power multiple ways felt rough.