Blueprints for everyone.

We were used to only 1 deerclops eyeball per winter, but then klei added the possibility to call more deerclops with the gloomer flare.

I think we should have a way to share boss blueprints, maybe the cartographers desk could multiply blueprints OR a wickerbottom skill tree to share blueprints.

What do you think? Is this suggestions really needed or nah.

Wasting a part of any survivor’s kit/skilltree on something like this sounds like a huge waste since u only need a blueprint once and bosses already respawn endlessly for u to kill and get more blueprints. 

If ur playing on a huge server set the relevant bosses to “Tons” and kill them every 5 days. 

2 hours ago, Ohan said:

Wasting a part of any survivor’s kit/skilltree on something like this sounds like a huge waste since u only need a blueprint once and bosses already respawn endlessly for u to kill and get more blueprints. 

If ur playing on a huge server set the relevant bosses to “Tons” and kill them every 5 days. 

I know bosses respawn, and that I can change the game settings to my advantage when playing with friends but I'm against that. So keeping that in mind, having to kill bee queen around 5 times is not the problem, eventually we'll do that. But I think that waiting 100+ days for the last guy to get bundling wraps is something that could be looked at.

I do think it shouldn't be character specific too I just mentioned the idea.

I find it kind of strange that the boss drops arent per player.  Setting up for raid style bosses yet whomever is there has to squabble over the loot? Not to mention if someone wanted to be a troll grab the best blueprint/item and just leave.

I am sure group servers have some sort of pecking order but it is disheartening needing to kill the boss over and over again for a blueprint for each team member. Why not making the blueprint server wide knowledge after a defeat? (have no idea implications of that in code so don't hate on me too hard for the concept)

Piggybacking on this thread I also really hate that I have to either 1. Smash my potters wheel to get a sketch to take to a build location 2. Craft all at base and haul however far away 3. find/farm out duplicates and save in a chest for future build possibilities. Why not just make every potters wheel know everything you have fed one? or again something that once discovered is available server wide?

I just wish they give every boss the same mechanic of the archives. Scan the area for players that don't have that recipe, and drop one blueprint for each. If all players already know it, just don't drop them. Im just tired of getting infinite blueprints, even after the whole papyrus converting thing. And just make the sketches work the same, plus letting us learn them, bc they're even worse than the blueprints. Please Klei, that would be the best thing ever for qol.

13 hours ago, JadedMeiji said:

I find it kind of strange that the boss drops arent per player.  Setting up for raid style bosses yet whomever is there has to squabble over the loot? Not to mention if someone wanted to be a troll grab the best blueprint/item and just leave.

I am sure group servers have some sort of pecking order but it is disheartening needing to kill the boss over and over again for a blueprint for each team member. Why not making the blueprint server wide knowledge after a defeat? (have no idea implications of that in code so don't hate on me too hard for the concept)

Piggybacking on this thread I also really hate that I have to either 1. Smash my potters wheel to get a sketch to take to a build location 2. Craft all at base and haul however far away 3. find/farm out duplicates and save in a chest for future build possibilities. Why not just make every potters wheel know everything you have fed one? or again something that once discovered is available server wide?

Also I have seen some amazing mega bases where they use the potters wheel as a statue base .. unless they used console commands I cannot even imagine how long it took them to grind out that many copies of sketches (not just bosses but also the chess pieces) to put all over their mega base..  and the statues look awesome displayed on top of the potters wheel!

Just wait for the moment when the update for Winona is released. I am sure that the ability to copy blueprints based on the received blueprint will be added to her skill tree. Then, by killing (for example) The queen bee - Winona will be able to copy the received blueprint and provide a recipe for a packaging wrapper for all teammates.
But I think this ability will waste significant resources, possibly depending on the specific blueprint.

Archived