Custom Item Invisible on Character

I'm following a character + custom items template to create a mod and my current roadblock is that the helmet I am trying to create does not appear on the character when equipped. The inventory image, crafting menu images, and dropped images all function as intended, but when equipped the helmet is just invisible. I'm using the football helmet as a placeholder until I get this figured out.

The folder containing most of the helmet's stuff should be attached. Thanks in advance for any help! <3

swap_guardianhelm.7z

Typically the image files aren't the problem but the actual code, you may have not named the directory correctly. 

owner.AnimState:OverrideSymbol("swap_object", "swap_myitem", "swap_myitem")

The names of these may be different in the spriter build as well, that might be confusing you.
I haven't looked at the code for dst in a while so it may have changed but I hope this helps you.

On 1/24/2024 at 2:07 PM, Thomas Die said:

Typically the image files aren't the problem but the actual code, you may have not named the directory correctly. 

owner.AnimState:OverrideSymbol("swap_object", "swap_myitem", "swap_myitem")

The names of these may be different in the spriter build as well, that might be confusing you.
I haven't looked at the code for dst in a while so it may have changed but I hope this helps you.

After a few days puzzling this over I got the sprite to show up! Unfortunately, instead of sitting on the character's head it's kind of floating off to the side now :'D

• Big Ups 1