Oasis - New plants and a scorpion!

NEW PLANTS!

Lonely, lonely, lonely, sad? Good! that means you are in need of botany and arachnids, my friend!

OASIS CHANGES:

- The oasis now has several rivers running through it (2-3 depending on the biome size). To cross these rivers you must either use grass boats, docks OR find rocks in between rivers which you have to cross slowly (about antlion crater speed)

- These rivers have plants growing next to them.

- Between some rivers you can find the oasis.

[Brine Pine]

"That tree has a nice head of leaves." - Wilson

- This plant will replace the spiky trees of the oasis desert, to make it more unique from the Dragon fly desert.

- They grow next to the rivers and in the oasis.

DROPS:

[Log] x 3 (mature)

USE!

I like them

[Oxillery flower]

"Something is hiding inside of it." - Wilson

- Grows anywhere in the oasis, but is more packed near the rivers.

- Scornprions spawn from them, with a system similar to pighouses (0 in, 1 out for example).

- Give 1 tillweed when picked.

- Can be renewable by catching scornprions with a net and planting them.

USE!

Mostly to add more danger, i just needed a spawn point for the scorpions.

[Riveting moss] 

"Moss, from the man himself." - Wilson

- Grows in the oasis rivers.

- Can be picked and placed on trees and afterward it can be picked again, yielding 2 instead of 1.

- Will eventually petrify trees by sucking up all the moisture inside of them in 8 (?) days, drops from the petrified tree in such an ocurrence.

- Can only be used as filler in crockpot recipes, Changes food gain.

- Can be placed on turf or rocks as decor.

CHANGES:

Health: + 25%

Hunger: +25%

Sanity: [(food sanity) / 2] - 10

EXAMPLE:

Banana shake regular stats:

HP: 8, Hunger: 25, Sanity: 33

Mossy Banana shake stats:

HP: 10, Hunger: 31,25, Sanity: 6,5

USE!

Makes food better or worse and petrifies trees for flint n nitre, what's there to complain about? 

NEW MOB!

[Scornprion]

"Like a crab, but evil." - Wilson

- Spawns from oxillery flowers.

STATS:

HP: 300

ATK: 30

SPD: 5

PATTERN: Will start attempting to sting the survivor or any mob if they get too close (LONG MELEE RANGE).

DROPS:

[Morsel] x 1

[Ethanol] x 1

Ethanol can refuel machines the same amount as a plank, it can also be detonated for 10 damage similarly to gunpowder.

CRAFTS!

- Night juice -

[Ethanol] x 2

[Papyrus] x 1

USE!

Slows down enemy attack speed by 12,5%, good for making tight kiting patterns less tight.

MY THOUGHTS

The point is to add more stuff to the oasis, that's pretty much it.

No hate, but a lot of biomes reuse plants a lot (which isin't always bad, less plants means less to learn about the game ig).

Also, is it correct to lable these posts as suggestions sometimes, even though its more about adding content instead of changing a thing in the game? 

Thanks for reading!

Oxillery flower.webp

Balkanpost gave me the idea to make oasis stuff.

On 1/9/2024 at 12:37 AM, bloopah said:

adding new content to existing biomes, especially the Oasis to make it more unique, since Succulents and the annoying-ass Sandstorm won't do.

yeah succulents have a purely cosmetic use, which is just a tiny pot.

5 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Really cool.

A few suggestions, maybe oxillery flowers could be weed like?

Also scorpions could also drop stingers

Making oxillery flowers renewable by making them farm weeds would be interesting, yea!

also yeah the stinger is a no brainer, let me change that.

On 1/8/2024 at 1:15 PM, marshyds said:

Scornprion

I’m guessing that it’s a combination of a prawn and scorpion, so shouldn’t it drop some special meat, like raw prawn. And with the idea of oxillery being farmable, it could lead to some cool sea food farms on land. Also as well as being a wickerbottom main/addict, it would be nice to source sea ingredients, without having to be next to the ocean.

On 1/15/2024 at 2:38 PM, Furyestdestroyr said:

I’m guessing that it’s a combination of a prawn and scorpion, so shouldn’t it drop some special meat, like raw prawn. And with the idea of oxillery being farmable, it could lead to some cool sea food farms on land. Also as well as being a wickerbottom main/addict, it would be nice to source sea ingredients, without having to be next to the ocean.

I think adding a new meat for 1 mob would be kind of pointless, i think they'd drop a fish morsel though.

6 hours ago, marshyds said:

I think adding a new meat for 1 mob would be kind of pointless, i think they'd drop a fish morsel though.

That’s a fair point. An interesting idea I thought would be a custom dish utilizing the prawn tail for like poison resistance to make farming them easier. It could be a shrimp cocktail or something. I just think it dropping a fish morsel is a little odd, but then again DST.

On 1/18/2024 at 8:57 PM, Furyestdestroyr said:

That’s a fair point. An interesting idea I thought would be a custom dish utilizing the prawn tail for like poison resistance to make farming them easier. It could be a shrimp cocktail or something. I just think it dropping a fish morsel is a little odd, but then again DST.

similar situation to a new meat, making a resistance for one mob is kind of pointless. ig the oasis and desert would need more toxic mobs?

1 hour ago, marshyds said:

similar situation to a new meat, making a resistance for one mob is kind of pointless. ig the oasis and desert would need more toxic mobs?

Snakes from SW. Or the unused spring snake from datamines. Idk where thats from twould be neat. 

Archived