Hound Mound Refresh

Hound Mounds Could have a sort of 'Stockpile' Attribute and a 'Remains' Attribute that is basically the mound's hunger and progress to duplicating (aka spawning new mound).

Basically Hounds from hound mounds could go out and hunt other entities, Dragging the corpse of whatever they hunted back to their mound to keep up their stockpile. They also may interfere with Players' (Koalaphant/Ewecus) hunts if their stockpile is low enough, though players can also interfere with them dragging Creatures back to their mounds (to get partial loot from the corpse of the creature the hound killed).

When they hounds have hunted enough to get enough Remains, then they may make a new Mound (they cannot if they reach a cap). they are more likely to spread to desert or rocky turfs, and less likely to spread to player-built turfs.

On 1/5/2024 at 7:27 PM, SSneaky said:

Hound Mounds Could have a sort of 'Stockpile' Attribute and a 'Remains' Attribute that is basically the mound's hunger and progress to duplicating (aka spawning new mound).

Basically Hounds from hound mounds could go out and hunt other entities, Dragging the corpse of whatever they hunted back to their mound to keep up their stockpile. They also may interfere with Players' (Koalaphant/Ewecus) hunts if their stockpile is low enough, though players can also interfere with them dragging Creatures back to their mounds (to get partial loot from the corpse of the creature the hound killed).

When they hounds have hunted enough to get enough Remains, then they may make a new Mound (they cannot if they reach a cap). they are more likely to spread to desert or rocky turfs, and less likely to spread to player-built turfs.

Neat ideas, but it will become obsolete cause most players will destroy the mounds (lotta people already do). 

15 hours ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Neat ideas, but it will become obsolete cause most players will destroy the mounds (lotta people already do). 

Hound Mounds, Bee Hives, Merm Shacks & Swamp Tentacles should all slowly respawn within their respective biomes over long periods of time.

If every Catcoon den in a world can be destroyed and slowly restore themselves- These things should too….

However- Klei only seems to restore the “Passive” Mobs, and what Klei maybe did not consider is that Catcoons aren’t so “Passive” depending on Which Character your playing As…

So then: Why do Catcoons Restore Themselves, but other threats do not?

I like the OPs suggestion for Hound Mounds to grow over time, but the suggestion only Works if there’s still at least one mound in the world.

I suppose they could add a Mega Mound Guarded by a Varg that can’t be destroyed that can then spawn smaller mounds over time, but as they stand right now.. you can destroy them all and rid your world of them.

8 minutes ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Catcoons spawners don't comeback if you totally destroy them.

They don’t?? I’m pretty sure that was one of the key changes they made with YoTC event.. so that even players long lasting worlds that HAD no Dens left in them could still participate in the event.

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

They don’t?? I’m pretty sure that was one of the key changes they made with YoTC event.. so that even players long lasting worlds that HAD no Dens left in them could still participate in the event.

Could've been a one time thing. I know if you kill the catcoon the stump gets  not fully "destroyed" and it regenerates. I don't know if that works if they are fully destroyed.

Maybe im wrong. Tell me if you test it.

personally would really love the ability to relocate hollow stumps/catcoon.  I have a catcoon farm where I brought it home but I actaully love the hollow stump look

I also smash all hound mounds save one and then use it as a farm.  Not sure I would like more randomly spawning in.

On 1/8/2024 at 3:36 PM, BalkanCockroach said:

Could've been a one time thing. I know if you kill the catcoon the stump gets  not fully "destroyed" and it regenerates. I don't know if that works if they are fully destroyed.

Maybe im wrong. Tell me if you test it.

They respawn once you destroy every single stump.

8 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

They respawn once you destroy every single stump.

In my world, crystal deerclops destroyed a hollowed stump in my world, and it was completely destroyed (like hammered).

Around 100 days later it was back exactly where it was initially.

4 hours ago, Swiyss said:

In my world, crystal deerclops destroyed a hollowed stump in my world, and it was completely destroyed (like hammered).

Around 100 days later it was back exactly where it was initially.

Dang that's a long time to wait just for some big meat.

Archived