Jump to content

the moon quay rival- Banana hating fig loving waterlogged monkeys


Recommended Posts

In one of the waterlogged biomes inhabits a different kind of powder monkey. They rebelled against the moon-quay, due to disliking their beliefs and ways.

They paint themselves with the juice of figs to differ themselves, and live high in the trees. They are neutral to the player, only attacking them if they have anything banana related in their inventory. Giving any monkey any fig dish will remove 10 trinkets from the players inventory. All of them have been taught this more powerful magic, rather than gate keeping it to a queen. They will attack moon-quay monkeys on sight with their driftwood swords.

They have no king, queen or ruler. They are rebels who band together. The player can help the monkeys to form a kind of respect for each other, like offering resources to help repair any huts. Once you have allied with the fig monkeys, they will help you, such as dropping you some figs for passing by daily, or fully repairing your boat with tree jam. 

Edited by Jakepeng99
Typos
  • Like 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To add to this, maybe they could be given the fig crock pot dishes for other rewards? Like, give them a figatoni and they'll give you a stick that lets you grab things from the water further away? Or maybe a non-wes specific life vest? Or maybe even a whistle you can blow to summon them any time you get attacked by a moon quay raid?

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ShyRasan123 said:

To add to this, maybe they could be given the fig crock pot dishes for other rewards? Like, give them a figatoni and they'll give you a stick that lets you grab things from the water further away? Or maybe a non-wes specific life vest? Or maybe even a whistle you can blow to summon them any time you get attacked by a moon quay raid?

It could work like the queen where you get rewards if you have no trinkets in your inventory.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ShyRasan123 said:

That would probably be a way more logical way of doing it, im just dumb.

Not dumb. It is a good idea still though i feel like the items could be more illegal sounding. Like a bomb maybe? 

Magic might work better actually. Perhaps these monkeys are more magic focused while the moon quay monkeys are more industrial? Just concept crafting not sure what they might bargin besides from figs. 

Edited by Jakepeng99
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Not dumb. It is a good idea still though i feel like the items could be more illegal sounding. Like a bomb maybe? 

Magic might work better actually. Perhaps these monkeys are more magic focused while the moon quay monkeys are more industrial? Just concept crafting not sure what they might bargin besides from figs. 

Hear me out, what if you could travel to any other above average tree by giving them figatoni? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, ShyRasan123 said:

Hear me out, what if you could travel to any other above average tree by giving them figatoni? 

That is really cool! I would imagine one of the knobbly trees (the most fortified one) would have a pirple magic portal engraved in the trunk. I feel like it should be more expensive than figatoni however. It could be a friendship perk though which would justify just needing figatoni.

Edited by Jakepeng99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay sure, but I’m tired of all the passive mobs In an uncompromising survival game, so how about instead if they see that we have used figgy jam to pluck a boat leak with they swing down from vines from their trees and rip the figgy patches off our boats scarfing them down like starving animals?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

uncompromising survival game

you mean unfair?

Klei decided to stop DST from being unfair a while ago.

also if i hear you say Uncompromising again I'm going to instantly hit 0 sanity and die from NM creatures.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Antynomity said:

I'd love this as long as they fix the piece of **** that pirate raids are right now, and the mechanics related to them

I agree. Though this is seperate from the moon quay anyway. They will actually help with pirate raids if you lure a raid into the waterlogged.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/30/2023 at 1:47 PM, Jakepeng99 said:

I agree. Though this is seperate from the moon quay anyway. They will actually help with pirate raids if you lure a raid into the waterlogged.

High friendship level = they swing in on a bunch of tamed grass gators and kite them to death

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
  • Create New...