Why so much water?

Planet says survival chances are slim, but i would argue with 4 water sources it's actually more then ideal.

Rather i would argue anyone is unlikely to fail on this planet.

image.jpeg.5bf7eb86961038b3275bef8599209bba.jpeg

Well could be that would be all the water there is in the cluster, Hold on:

image.jpeg.f6b1c7328d5cf91b3768f86396138235.jpeg

Seems the oil planet has 2 sources too

image.jpeg.20d280b3ff39e887131ef9a0201ba9fb.jpeg

Even the frozen METAL planet has water on it.

Yeah idk what to say guys, but other then getting some graphite from the water planet i don't see the point in the planet.

Why does the water planet have thousand of tiles of water when even the "hardest" clusters are drowning in water in the inner circle ?

Can we please dial back the amount of water that is available in the "harder" difficulty clusters? 

First 3 clusters could be swimming in water, seeing how the starting planet is marked with "ideal" and as you move up the difficulty ladder the availability of water should fall, to the point where the only planet that has water geysers/vents is the water planet itself.

Currently there is no need to leave the starting planet and it's teleporter bound counterpart, hardest difficulty planet and still swimming in water.

What reason do we have to actually integrate rocketry in our colonies? oil? take a trip to the oil planet and pick up a slickster & drecko egg and you have that sorted. 

Maybe i am just missing something here, but i would argue that a planet that has enough water to sustain 100+ dupes should hardly be considered a "slim survival chances" planet.

/rant

13 hours ago, cyberwarlord said:

Depends on how you play I guess.

Base settings are very easy.

All settings are on max difficulty, 2k kcal food requirements and stress mechanics that can't just be ignored. it is not about the food or stress but just oxygen alone. food can be gained for free from pips and stress can be dealt with with just a massage table. 

On 12/28/2023 at 12:40 PM, SkunkMaster said:

Planet says survival chances are slim, but i would argue with 4 water sources it's actually more then ideal.

I'd say the "survival chance" is more of a tip for beginners rather than information for an advanced player like you capable of a 100+ dupe colony.

If somebody is new to the game here's what they get: From cycle 1 you have to deal with -120°C radioactive biome that slowly starts freezing all the water at the bottom and after digging a little there's the salt water geyser with a lot of free space to spit tons of 95°C liquid that will heat the surrounding area. Then there's 1/3 of the asteroid populated with aggressive critters, there's no production of atmo suits before landing a rocket on another asteroid unless you get a seed/egg print after 500+ cycles Finally there are 375 rads per cycle in the space biome that can make everything go wrong with a single dupe throwing up in a wrong place.

On 12/28/2023 at 12:40 PM, SkunkMaster said:

First 3 clusters could be swimming in water, seeing how the starting planet is marked with "ideal" and as you move up the difficulty ladder the availability of water should fall, to the point where the only planet that has water geysers/vents is the water planet itself.

If you'd like to play a setting where you'd only use water from the water asteroid then please by all means go for it. No need to change the game for everyone.

Well, vanilla asteroids all has 5 guaranteed water geysers and high chance to get more. Even Oasis. Survival chance is not about of number of water, its about heat/food mostly. By the time you can tame your first geyser you can survive pretty anything...

1 hour ago, cyberwarlord said:

As an added difficulty I'd like to see more mechanics with injuries and sickness. 

Acidic chemicals.

Electricity/getting electrocuted.

Solar flares.

Electric space storms/ dangerous planet with an atmosphere.

More mid-late game challenge and rewards.

I'm in for this one ;) 

But it would require deeper changes in the game. As an addition, an upgraded late-game Atmo suit that protects against those hazards might be good. 

On 12/30/2023 at 9:09 AM, Henlikuoth said:

I'm in for this one ;) 

But it would require deeper changes in the game. As an addition, an upgraded late-game Atmo suit that protects against those hazards might be good. 

Different suits, yes.

Feel the game still needs locker checkpoints. Even if just for insulation or pajamas.

As for the main topic, alot of water does make things easier. 

Hopefully more gyser variety in the future. (Example: a cold world spawns gas vent would be a liquid methane.) No heat sources and resources that need to be heated before use. Now you have a different challenge. 

Consider if frozen worlds only had ice as water, but there is no gas or liquid, instead a few drilling points at the bottom of the map.

Archived