moon quay content has been badly design for too long.

its simple

if you don't want to go after the extremely frustating moon quay content IT will come after you.

you will be punished just for sailing in the sea with monkey raids, not killing the monkeys and you will lose your items, kill the monkeys and you will get cursed trinkets which can only be removed at the monkey island

if you have bad world gen the monkey island can spawn next to a well design and important sea spot like pearls island and the moon island, making monkey raids inevitable.

trying to got to the monkey island is time consuming, inconsistent and potentially expensive along with all the other sea problems we all know, its painfull and there is literally no workaround

once you get to the island monkeys will constantly steal your items, if you decide to retaliate you will get punished with trinkets, what do you get for going to the island? inconsistent drop rates for bananas and monkeytails... WHAT?

moon quay content will either be something you never interact with, or you will be forced to and you will despise it and the worst thing is that it has been here for so long!

Edited by MrsBoris
  • Like 4

Monkey raids were needed in a sea were the only danger was rockjaws which can be easily ignored

Bring bananas with you in a bundle so they ignore you if you don't want to fight back

Moonquay content made me play waaay more than any other update in the last 2 years. It made me change what kind of items I bring in my boat's chests (we need hamlet's barrels made of palmscales btw) and made interact way more with moon storms to guaranteed banana and Monkey tails drops

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, arubaro said:

Monkey raids were needed in a sea were the only danger was rockjaws which can be easily ignored

the reason its problematic to add more dangers to sailing is because its slow, you potentially need a lot of preparation and its especially clunky, you have much less agency than being on land (its not a problem in shipwrecked) so its much less fair to throw monkeys at the player because they don't feel in control.

56 minutes ago, arubaro said:

Bring bananas with you in a bundle so they ignore you if you don't want to fight back

well yeah you kind of don't have a choice to fight back or not, you either get screwed one way or the other. Still thanks for the tip.

1 hour ago, arubaro said:

Moonquay content made me play waaay more than any other update in the last 2 years.

moonquay released in the return of them arc, that started 4 years ago, you are really gonna tell me that from the return of them arc, which included turn of tides that added boats to begin with and the moon island, reap what you sow that update the farming system and eye of the storm that added celestial champion himself, the update that you played the most dst for was CURSE OF THE MOON QUAY???? you either don't know what moon quay content really is or you are 0.00001% of the community.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MrsBoris said:

the reason its problematic to add more dangers to sailing is because its slow, you potentially need a lot of preparation and its especially clunky, you have much less agency than being on land (its not a problem in shipwrecked) so its much less fair to throw monkeys at the player because they don't feel in control.

Marble armor cost 6 pieces of marble and you can combine it with cheap cookie cutter caps. You don't need more preparation than land fighting.  The only negative part is that fighting them is kinda wigfrid's tank gameplay 

6 minutes ago, MrsBoris said:

well yeah you kind of don't have a choice to fight back or not, you either get screwed one way or the other. Still thanks for the tip.

You have the choice of fighting back. I actually never used the banana trick, I prefer to kill then to get the monkey banner from their boat

If you get trinkets just deal with them. You always get raids near the island and even then I might not even go and be wonkey and/or have 1 inventory slot less. I have played with 1 less inventory slot for hundreds of days until i visited the island again, isnt a big deal...

14 minutes ago, MrsBoris said:

moonquay released in the return of them arc, that started 4 years ago, you are really gonna tell me that from the return of them arc, which included turn of tides that added boats to begin with and the moon island, reap what you sow that update the farming system and eye of the storm that added celestial champion himself, the update that you played the most dst for was CURSE OF THE MOON QUAY???? you either don't know what moon quay content really is or you are 0.00001% of the community.

I know better than you what moonquay update is and what gamechanging stuff added and how hooked me and other people back to game, thanks

9 hours ago, arubaro said:

Marble armor cost 6 pieces of marble and you can combine it with cheap cookie cutter caps. You don't need more preparation than land fighting.  The only negative part is that fighting them is kinda wigfrid's tank gameplay 

that doesn't change anything i've said, everything sea related is very low agency because of the latency between you and your boat. and if you fight back you are still punished with trinkets

9 hours ago, arubaro said:

I know better than you what moonquay update is and what gamechanging stuff added and how hooked me and other people back to game, thanks

Ok, i can't believe i just read this, i gave you 4 lines of text with nothing but facts to prove moon quay content added nothing game changing.

like, its literally nothing but facts, moon quay only added the monkey raids, the monkey island, boat cannons and some ******* palm trees.

you just come out here, like the crying wojak meme himself "I jUsT kNoW bEtTeR tHaN yOu".

I was actually taking you seriously but that last line was so pathetic its sad. i just destroyed your arguments with the help of some BASIC research and you are crying like a baby.

imagem_2023-12-26_220853085.png

• Thanks 2

This is a controversial opinion, but I actually like the Moon Quay update, it just needs some small tweaks. An additional way to get rid of the curse and something to help with pirate raids... I don't know, maybe a monkey costume? You would need to go into caves and destroy the splunkmonkey huts to get a blueprint, and it would work like a clever disguise made by Wurt. Crafting recipe... beard hair and bananas? I came up with this idea in a few seconds, so I'm sure Klei can make something even better.

As for the update - it didn't add anything game breaking that you can't live without, but monkeytails, banana bushes, all the boat things (Cannons, bumpers, nautopilots, bandanas, a cool weapon that is also a paddle, smaller grass boat and captain's hat). Then there's also Wonkey, and DOCKS, they are amazing, huge addition for megabasers. And I didn't mention everything. These things alone are nothing too crazy, but together they are great, I think.

Klei just needs to adjust a few things, but instead of doing something, they just decreased the chance to get the raids. Now, even if I'm actively looking for the raids, I can't get them and I need to use the flare. And... finding the Moon Quay Island itself is still really hard (and the new ice arena too). We are so close to perfection!

Please, Klei, you can do this.

Edited by MidasHow
  • Like 1