Controlled Burning

In my mind I imagined that Willow's skill tree would've made fire a more viable means of damage, and they did that to some degree, but I was also looking forward to experimenting and finding ways of using her increased fire damage through fire spreading while not having to worry about loot burning.

My main issue is that fire spreading is locked to the items smoldering part and I can't have one without the other. I would like it if these two parts were separated so I can make fire spreading traps to kill mobs/giants while also not burning their loot.

I imagine there might be a problem with this though because as a fire spreads it might not technically be damage coming from Willow and therefore her skills wouldn't apply, but I haven't looked at the code.

Edited by hoppin mandrake

1 hour ago, Klays.exe said:

I think this ability should be at the fire in principle, because it's a bit not logical that after death they throw ashes instead of valuable resources for which I killed the boss

I'd just like it if they either removed the "not spreading" part and kept the "smoldering" part or just split them up into separate skills.

The thing I dislike most about the skill is the "fire not spreading" being attached to the "items not burning" part. It ruins a lot of fun ways you could make traps or burn down a forest while standing in the middle while mobs/giants around you die but you could still collect their loot without it burning.  I don't really have a problem with the smoldering part, I mean that was the biggest reason nobody liked to use fire to kill mobs or giants because it burned valuable loot.

That does seem like a viable solution however.

Edited by hoppin mandrake
  • Like 1