Extend Lunar Guardian ll to Glass cutter

This is my second attempt hoping for the application of an affinity perk earlier than post rifts content.

Glass cutters are already pretty niche so why not extent their usefulness to a character that is only lunar aligned?

Wormwood has a higher affinity with dark swords due to the ease of crafting them (not that it hasn't been increasingly easier for other characters to obtain them over time ...) which kinda no longer feels right lore-wise. It's also not like wormwood has an easy time crafting them, and the dmg of the vines could be lowered for glass cutters. 

I think this would make Wormwood more on par with how early other characters are getting their affinity skills (the ones that require FW/CC).

i rather prefer if they add another point. BS sword summoning vines makes sense because is made of BS parts, adding that to a piece of glass stuck in a board would feel bland, vague and doesnt make sense

also i prefer to have that ability after CC is killed instead of 1st autumn by rushing moon island

glass cutter might need a buff but not one locked behind one character via shoehorn 

On 12/9/2023 at 3:33 PM, arubaro said:

i rather prefer if they add another point. BS sword summoning vines makes sense because is made of BS parts, adding that to a piece of glass stuck in a board would feel bland, vague and doesnt make sense

also i prefer to have that ability after CC is killed instead of 1st autumn by rushing moon island

glass cutter might need a buff but not one locked behind one character via shoehorn 

I think the glass being on wood is very symbolic of how moon magic works well with nature. As Wanda has pointed out, moon magic and shadow magic don't mix. 

As we know moon magic influences the nature around it and has unique properties. It isn't just any ordinary glass as hitting shadow creatures extends it durability. 

I agree having brightshade vines could be out of place regardless, so they could just make the vines a brown wood color. It could represent a mild tampering of nature before becoming full on bs vines.

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

. It isn't just any ordinary glass as hitting shadow creatures extends it durability. 

why nobody gets this?? the glass cutter last longer while hitting shadows because is made of glass so is fragile, shadows are ethereal so they dont break the glass as easy

sorry but i dont buy it. I like it in BS sword because of BS vines. I dont like wormwood being so focused on combat despite being my favourite character and less if is by adding bland mechanics with a shoehorn 

14 minutes ago, arubaro said:

why nobody gets this?? the glass cutter last longer while hitting shadows because is made of glass so is fragile, shadows are ethereal so they dont break the glass as easy

sorry but i dont buy it. I like it in BS sword because of BS vines. I dont like wormwood being so focused on combat despite being my favourite character and less if is by adding bland mechanics with a shoehorn 

yeah but locking both of those 2 lunar perk behind the BS gear just make it feel niche.

Idk. Wormwood didn't need a skillset but since everyone is getting them (still saddened by this) then might as well make it nice. I think Wigfrid and Willow's skillsets are way too powerful. Hell even Wormwood's are extremely powerful. I am happy with it because I love wormwood but I wouldn't be opposed to nerfs. I can understand expanding the utility so I am in favor of that but I do think there needs to be more downsides because all of these upsides is really taking away the unique and fun aspects of working around with character's downsides.

22 minutes ago, arubaro said:

Then why doesn't it last longer against ghosts? and why does it last longer vs Fuelweaver, pretty sure bones would be able to shatter glass.

9 minutes ago, SSneaky said:

yeah but locking both of those 2 lunar perk behind the BS gear just make it feel niche.

they can expand the options in the future if they add other gear. Anyways, i dont think every character should have special stuff going on for every piece of planar gear...

the only thing that i dont like is that you dont have any reason to use other thing than a BS sword in late

other characters like willow or woodie didnt even got any sinergy with any piece of armor. Wormwood getting 2, as a non combat related character, is more than enough

and again, making him get more steroids even pre rift is unnecessary. He already has traps shenanigans, saladmanders (which could be improved instead of adding more stuff...), speed, easy access to dark swords, sleep aoe, aoe damage with his armor, there is no need to add more damage buffs or combat stuff related prerifts or even a after... later is walter the one who has 4828274 perks...

wormwood is one of the best and most fun characters already. Glass cutter has nothing to do with vines, BS or nothing at all

4 minutes ago, TheTrueStickman said:

Then why doesn't it last longer against ghosts? and why does it last longer vs Fuelweaver, pretty sure bones would be able to shatter glass.

probably an oversight

you dont damage the bones but the shadow that they are holding

do you really thing there is something magical about them? ockham's razor...

26 minutes ago, arubaro said:

That's a good point, I still don't think it would be so out of the ordinary. To some extent the magic is coming out of wormwood, otherwise everyone would be able to use the vines.

Trying to add a lore reason aside, for such an investment of skill points it's so out of the way. I'm not even requesting it made powerful, just to make it feel like your investment is worth something early on like other characters get ... 

And everyone is a combat character at this point or rather everyone can approach combat uniquely now. 

9 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

That's a good point, I still don't think it would be so out of the ordinary. To some extent the magic is coming out of wormwood, otherwise everyone would be able to use the vines.

Trying to add a lore reason aside, for such an investment of skill points it's so out of the way. I'm not even requesting it made powerful, just to make it feel like your investment is worth something early on like other characters get ... 

And everyone is a combat character at this point or rather everyone can approach combat uniquely now. 

my 2 problems with that is that i think ww got enough combat perks and that i dont think it really fits. I get your point but would feel vague to have a weapon made of viny plants that spawn vines and other weaker version with reskined vines from a weapon cuz moon...

if ww really need i would want it but he doesnt need it

12 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

just to make it feel like your investment is worth something early on like other characters get ... 

if you like wormwood you shouldn't compare it to the things that others get. As i said, wormwood isnt in a bad spot and i dont really like having characters with planar related perks in day 1...

13 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

that is only sad... if everybody can resolve the game's problems as easy then choosing a character just means "how are you faceroll" over that problems

and isnt like wormwood is wilson... he has way more combat perks than average character 

Archived