Concept for Beefalo meat effigy

Everyone is talking about beefalo revival, so here is an interperation:

Cost: 2 beefalo horns, 4 meat, 8 beefalo wool

(It does not cost health so Wanda can use it)

How to Use: Just like hitching a beefalo to a grooming station, use the bell on it and the beefalo will become attuned to it.

Functionality and Mechanics: The same as a normal effigy, but the beefalo will be reborn as a baby upon ressurection and rest near the effigy remains. When it grows up, it will be back to normal and keep it's domestication.

This works as a balancing act so there still is a penalty for your beefalo dying. It is reborn like a phoenix. You will want to set up a safe spot for the baby and you may want a salt lick for when it grows up.

You may speed up the growth of the baby by occasionally giving it some food, petting it, or brushing it. Having other beefalos or/and a salt lick will passively increase the growth. Electric milk will help alot.

I think Beefalo revival mechanism design should include some downside, especially downsides that prevent the beefalo from being usable or completely new as punishment, similar to how revived players have low hp.

I see you included baby Beefalo as the downside, which I think is adorable.

Other possible downside I can think of to contribute to the thread

1. low hp like revived players, or

2. temporarily in heat (agitated states) for some time (maybe a day).

3. cannot be ridden because of fatigue for some time.

1 minute ago, goatt said:

I think Beefalo revival mechanism design should include some downside, especially downsides that prevent the beefalo from being usable or completely new as punishment, similar to how revived players have low hp.

I think the third option or the baby one are the best ones. However I do feel like if we add a way to domesticate a beefalo easier we wouldn't need a beefalo revival mechanism even if it sounds cool.

Just a beefalo skill tree that progressively makes you better at taming them as the points come in would already fix the issue. And experienced players would have a fully tamed beefalo by half the time. But that would only be possible after already taming one in a world, so if your existing one dies you would have an easier time taming the next one. Doesn't even have a skill tree, but anything in that regard.

2 minutes ago, goatt said:

I was also thinking of having to raise the baby to avoid losing some domestication and speed up the growth timer aswell which could work.

minor tasks like petting it, brushing it (finally a good use for the brush when you have a tamed beefalo), or giving it some food. small background things that you would maybe spend a little bit on each day.

Archived