Some Willow Suggestions

First of all, I really enjoy playing Willow with the new skill tree perks, I like the direction of a fire mage of sorts and it's really nice being able to actually use fire in combat without being too destructive to the world around you. Overall I am satisfied with her current implementation, but here's a couple small gripes I have with her now:

1. Shadow Flame is way too weak in comparison to Lunar Flame. I like the concept of Shadow Flame, but in general it's significantly harder to use compared to Lunar Flame. Shadow Flame does less damage than Lunar Flame in total and does not have any AoE, which makes it kinda worse in every way. Instead of Shadow Flame's current implementation of finding five separate targets, I would like to see the damage buffed a bit and all the flames converge into a single target for an attack that's great at single target damage. This way Lunar Flame excels at AoE clearing, and Shadow Flame excels in single target takedowns.

2. Burning Frenzy should make attacks apply burn to targets. Burning Frenzy is a little bit annoying to use in it's current implementation because you need to keep swapping weapons to burn the target in order for it to be effective and that feels clunky. I think having your attack apply burn so you don't need to swap weapons would be a nice QoL.

3. Willow flames shouldn't damage allies. While Willow's fire is very useful as a damaging and crowd control ability, I don't think teammates really appreciate taking more damage than they should because of her fire. This change fits the theme of her Controlled Burning skill.

4. The range of absorbing flames should be a bit bigger. Self-explanatory, the range is so small and combined with her lowered move speed it can be a hassle trying to collect embers to extinguish fires. The range is so small that she can't extinguish bigger structures like pig houses because their collision don't allow her to be close enough.

Cool QoL, except 3 imo

Cuz like even in RPG basics fire needs to be used carefully and in situations u playing coop u don't need extra damage anyway so if people are expecting willow synergy and using her perks in battle than scale mail joins the plays, otherwise tune it friendly 

1 and 4 certainly.

3 I'm unsure about...  I think normal flames effecting allies makes perfect sense, its mostly the lunar cold fire I'm concerned about because its AOE - but I like the ability to cool off allies with it so idk...

2 No.  Its not that much work to toggle lighter for 1 attack and back to weapon.  This ability is really only good for bosses, for anything smaller it is too much work.  With only +25% damage bonus and sacrificing 1 attack to torch you need 4 attacks just to break even plus recasting and ember tax every 30 seconds...  Maybe it needs longer duration?

In 3 do you mean the fire applied to enemies or her creation of flames perk?

3 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

1 and 4 certainly.

3 I'm unsure about...  I think normal flames effecting allies makes perfect sense, its mostly the lunar cold fire I'm concerned about because its AOE - but I like the ability to cool off allies with it so idk...

2 No.  Its not that much work to toggle lighter for 1 attack and back to weapon.  This ability is really only good for bosses, for anything smaller it is too much work.  With only +25% damage bonus and sacrificing 1 attack to torch you need 4 attacks just to break even plus recasting and ember tax every 30 seconds...  Maybe it needs longer duration?

Definitely need longer duration.

Archived