We need "Quick Cast" in using the skills of equipment

I have experienced some of the beta content and am delighted to see that some items of the Forge have returned to the Constant in some form!  I really like those items with special abilities, and it is a very appropriate choice to reintroduce them from the Forge (although there might be a need for adjustments to their attack values).

Although they are cool, I believe we need smart casting to improve the smoothness of the gaming action. Currently, when using Wigfrid's shield and Thunder Spear, there is a need for a two-step confirmation process when activating skills: first, right-click to enable the skill, and then, left-click to confirm the direction. However, based on my experience with some other games, these two steps are worth simplifying for smoother gameplay.

For example, in well-known online games League of Legends and Dota 2, there is an option called "QuickCast." Essentially, it combines these two steps into one action. Before enabling this setting, for instance, players releasing a W skill would first click W and then confirm the target or direction with a left-click. However, the " QuickCast" button in the settings can simplify this process. When activated, players only need to hover the mouse over a direction or a target, click W once, and the controlled character will automatically cast the skill towards the mouse's location or the target. This significantly enhances the smoothness of operations.

Quick Cast

"Quickcast items trigger as soon as the hotkey is pressed at the current location of the mouse cursor. Can enable UI to bind specific keys for Quickcast under Advanced Hotkeys options"

Spoiler

dota2.png.c73bed81ba2b8b73e63036e0b97258af.png

In my experience with single-player games, there is another solution. For instance, in the game Ori, if the player's character needs to jump by stepping on an enemy in mid-air, the entire world enters a brief pause or "slow-motion" after successfully landing on the enemy. This allows players enough time to choose the direction. However, I believe that this approach is not suitable for DST, as it is a multiplayer online game.

I earnestly request the developers to add an option to the settings, allowing players to enable "Quick Cast" or "Simplified Cast." This way, when using skills, players would only need to right-click to cast the skill directly towards the direction or target indicated by the mouse. This would greatly enhance the smoothness of operations and significantly improve the overall experience during combat. Of course, adding this option in the settings would also allow players who do not prefer this method to continue using their own preferred approach.

I’m pretty sure that any limitations that Kb + Mouse have, are done so that they don’t heavily out benefit playing with a console controller.

Klei has stated in the past that their pipeline dream of DST is to eventually have it be Crossplatform play.

And I as an Xbox player: Don’t particularly enjoy the thought of being yelled at by PC players when my version of the game is Inferior to theirs & makes me under-perform.

Other than that though, good idea I guess.

Archived