The new idle notification under diagnostics should be reverted

Not only is it a huge headache to manage idle dupes across planetoids in Spaced Out, but the indicator doesn't actually function at all most of the time.

image.png.70c3e49d961a6f7290e7bf01a87cce32.png

Irradibo says the problem is Radiation despite 4 dupes being idle.  I need to constantly check planetoids for idle dupes manually, making the idle notification effectively useless.

I'm not sure why this change was made, but please change it back. It's seriously very annoying to play Spaced Out now.

• Like 1

I think you can solve this issue by changing diagnostics settings. Seems like the radiation diagnostic is overriding the idle notification. What happens when you turn it off?

More generally, I actually like the overall idea of moving more notifications into the diagnostics pane. Gives us more granular control over what we see and don’t see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charletrom said:

I think you can solve this issue by changing diagnostics settings. Seems like the radiation diagnostic is overriding the idle notification. What happens when you turn it off?

More generally, I actually like the overall idea of moving more notifications into the diagnostics pane. Gives us more granular control over what we see and don’t see.

Ok, and what do I do with the next one that overrides it?

And what if one of my dupes is running back and forth there growing tumors from radiation but I turned off the radiation notification so I don't know?

This is 100% a negative change. It solved the issue of seeing idle notifications on rockets and made everything else worse. It was treatment for rockets showing idle notifications but now the treatment is worse than the disease.

I feel that we need ability to control when exactly notifications fires. 41 rads per cycles is not a problem even for hard settings, it should not bother us with such minuscule amount. 

P.S. You can revert it just right now: switch off idle diagnostics, thas all

9 hours ago, asurendra said:

P.S. You can revert it just right now: switch off idle diagnostics, thas all

And then I have no idle notifications at all.  There used to be one in the left corner with other messages and now there isn't.

On 11/30/2023 at 9:52 PM, durbal said:

Not only is it a huge headache to manage idle dupes across planetoids in Spaced Out, but the indicator doesn't actually function at all most of the time.

image.png.70c3e49d961a6f7290e7bf01a87cce32.png

Irradibo says the problem is Radiation despite 4 dupes being idle.  I need to constantly check planetoids for idle dupes manually, making the idle notification effectively useless.

I'm not sure why this change was made, but please change it back. It's seriously very annoying to play Spaced Out now.

You can restore the old behavior with the Idle Notification Tweaks mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2943021953

The people complaining about the idle diagnostic want the more intrusive old notification back. I didn't get it either at first, but apparently there's a playstyle that is heavily dependent on avoiding idleness, or at least getting a loud noise whenever someone goes idle. Anyway, the mod mentioned above fixes the game for those people, which is why the complaints died down since December, when this thread was originally created.

• Thanks 1