Seperate Willow's controlled flames perk

Controlled flames is a pretty nice perk that I could see lots of people using!
But also I think it contradicts the flame absorbing skill - absorbing flames to gain lighter durability is such a cool concept and would be useful against fires that have gotten out of control like wildfires. 
And flame absorb is great when considering burning down a mass of trees on purpose for durability - something that controlled flames prevents.
Making you take controlled flames in order to improve flame lengths and damage isn't really needed, and would probably be better as a separate skill, not attached to any of the other lighter skill paths. 

Basically, have it separate so I (and others) can start forest fires and refuel my lighter while still getting the better burning damage and length for fire-based combat. 

Very true, I agree. I came to the same conclusion, if this stays I'd sadly never take the two skills after controlled fires since I'd rather have fires spread for faster refueling.

Guaranteeing mobs being set on fire is great for amber farming too so it is just sad that it has to come along with worse burning capability.

Archived