Do you still have hope for DS ?

Do you still have hope for DS ?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still have hope for content update or DLC's for our favorite game ?

• Yes :)
    • No :(

It's pretty sad how the legendary game was a little forgotten...
But for how long? 
Whether your is still reliable on content updates or dlc's.

What would you like to see in future updates and dlc's?
Maybe something from Together? Or something completely new ?

And have you kept your hope for the future Don't Starve?

Hungry french, DS is an old game. There's no shame or big hopes down when a game just stops developing. Klei worked on DST for a refresh of everything.

I don't rely on dlc's or content bcz Klei said that they stopped development.

The future of Don't Starve is in DST, there's all the proof that it's a sequel.

My pal hungry french, please understand, DS is an old game, do you think that Nintendo should like still update Mario 64. They can ! But why should they ? And why is it that sad and hopeless for a game to stop development. If it was the franchise, I will understand more your point of view but for now, there's DST. The sequel of Don't Starve (except this one have a multiplayer, no it doesn't make it a spinoff let's not go back to this debate)

So I still have plenty of hope for the franchise, DS the solo survival game, not really. But it doesn't mean that you can't appreciate the game still, it's just like playing pac-man. This game is a legendary, and I'm sure that Klei will always keep this in their heart. The franchise is just going into development, in a good way too, there's no hopeless or drama.

Also, I didn't vote bcz just yes and no, doesn't construct a point of view.

4 hours ago, JustAFlower said:

So I still have plenty of hope for the franchise, DS the solo survival game, not really. But it doesn't mean that you can't appreciate the game still, it's just like playing pac-man. This game is a legendary, and I'm sure that Klei will always keep this in their heart. The franchise is just going into development, in a good way too, there's no hopeless or drama.

The DS franchise has 2 sides :
Solo ( die ) and multiplayer ( i hope it's die )

4 hours ago, JustAFlower said:

Pacman is unique. DS is not needed by anyone and everyone says "DST is better".

DST is a sequel to the trash level.
Because instead of creating a unique game, they made multiplayer 2.0.

If you create a sequel that takes away people's motivation to play the original - you don't have a soul.

The sequel is Red Dead Redemption 2, Dark Souls 2, Shank 2, Super Meat Boy Forever, Darkest Dungeon 2.

And DST is a pseudo-sequel. He is not worthy of being called the second part, when he has carelessly copied 99% of DS and RoG.
This is either a spin-off or a remake, or a remaster or the sale of the same game, but in 2.0. version (Hello Neighbor moment).
To call DST a sequel is to disgrace the word itself and the value of sequels.

Maybe DST as a game is not bad, but I don't like it.
But to call it a SEQUEL ? Shame.

For such actions Together should have been ****** up as much as Overwatch 2.
But apparently the player at DST will forgive Klei anything. You'd think that Klei, instead of updating the DS, RESELL THE GAME 2 TIMES.
They would have removed the DS from the steam and then Klei would have caught the EA level jackpot at all.

And the players will eat anything. Even if Klei gives them Monster Lasagna when Wilson has 1 hp.

Some people on the forum literally defend for the fact that they intentionally do something bad and do not finalize what they should and will in every possible way troll all those who do not agree.

I don't care about DST.
DS - Golden Times Don't Starve
DST - Dark Times Don't Starve 

Hoping for another good time ? 
Or will the DS franchise starve to death during the development of the DST ?

And can there be a bright future for the DS franchise with such a forgiving community ?

Maybe in 10 years something good will happen.  But now only the bad.

What are you trying to achieve and what are you trying to prove ?

Stupidly drive me into this dead DS forum in which people can be counted on the fingers.

What do you want from me ? What do you suggest I do ?
All you do is troll and forbid me to talk?

Hope for DS? I hope for more bugfixes and such but for content, nope. It's already a finished game and it's sequel, DST, is carrying on and is forging a new path with different mechanics and such. We'll definitely look back to DS which started it all and enjoy it's unique DLCs, as well as also enjoy the new content the sequel has, and I hope well get more continuation with the franchise soon if ever DST's story ends

7 hours ago, mykenception said:

Hope for DS? I hope for more bugfixes and such but for content, nope. It's already a finished game and it's sequel, DST, is carrying on and is forging a new path with different mechanics and such. We'll definitely look back to DS which started it all and enjoy it's unique DLCs, as well as also enjoy the new content the sequel has, and I hope well get more continuation with the franchise soon if ever DST's story ends

Are you enjoying the RoG ?

DST is also a finished game. But it is being updated.

I wish DST was abandoned as soon as possible and released a new Don't Starve or updated DS..

5 hours ago, _zwb said:

I do hope they revisit Hamlet someday, but it's unlikely in the near future.

Why not Shipwrecked ? RoG ?

42 minutes ago, WainingWabbits said:

I don't really want more content, what i really want is more balance/qol/fixes.. 

I want updates, because the game runs out of content pretty quickly.
That is, I killed seasonal bosses in RoG and explored the ruins and killed the guardian of the ruins.  What to do and where to put tulecite ?

Shipwrecked is even worse. 2 seasonal bosses and a Quacken with 1000 hp.

Hamlet like 4 cool bosses, but you killed them and there's nothing else to do

I would like every DLC's to have some kind of late game at least close to the level of DST.
Or recycling, so that moving between DLS would be more useful and there would be some kind of global goal behind it.

DST may not be DS, but there are so many things and tasks in DST that they will last for 500 days

When DLC's DS has lived a year at most and there is nothing to do.

49 minutes ago, Hungry French said:

Why not Shipwrecked ? RoG ?

Hamlet is left in an unfinished state compared to the others.

2 minutes ago, Hungry French said:

I want updates, because the game runs out of content pretty quickly.

If you treat the game as some kind of boss rush game you will always run out of content very quickly. You forgot you can play the game as a sandbox survival

6 minutes ago, _zwb said:

Hamlet is left in an unfinished state compared to the others.

Shipwrecked is the most unfinished DLC.

Hamlet empty, but not as much as Shipwrecked.

And DS and RoG are a cropped version of Together

9 minutes ago, _zwb said:

If you treat the game as some kind of boss rush game you will always run out of content very quickly. You forgot you can play the game as a sandbox survival

Any survival ends after 1 year. Because then it becomes several times easier to survive.

Bosses are also part of the sandbox as well as exploring the world (It makes no sense to explore most of the world and caves because there are no unique resources even).

But for some reason, very quickly, only the construction of the base remains in the game and that's it.

What do you do in DS besides building decor for the base ?

12 hours ago, Hungry French said:

DST is also a finished game. But it is being updated.

I wish DST was abandoned as soon as possible and released a new Don't Starve or updated DS..

given that DST currently has an arc that isn't actually finished, I wouldn't say its finished, rather, DS is finished. 

Honestly it's just gonna be the "It should've been me" Yugi meme about DS and DST at this point

you have a very weird hatred against DST, which is quite obvious with your other posts (some of them was locked for obvious reasons)

I'd believe you more if you're hate farming and spreading out bait tbh

still, I enjoyed DS, and RoG, and all the other DLCs, and moved on to continue the story in DST which had more replayability due to multiplayer and new mechanics

I also you wanna ask "would you play DS again if it had multiplayer". I'ved moved on, I'm enjoying DST atm.

6 hours ago, mykenception said:

given that DST currently has an arc that isn't actually finished, I wouldn't say its finished, rather, DS is finished. 

Honestly it's just gonna be the "It should've been me" Yugi meme about DS and DST at this point

To be honest, Klei may return to DS sooner or later.

Or finally make another not dead only solo game

still, I enjoyed DS, and RoG, and all the other DLCs, and moved on to continue the story in DST which had more replayability due to multiplayer and new mechanics

I also you wanna ask "would you play DS again if it had multiplayer". I'ved moved on, I'm enjoying DST atm.

Multiplayer and all the changes for it are a reason not to enjoy DST for me. Not interesting.
And unique content... DS and RoG need it 100 times more (DS caves is a meme).

So we watch Klei animations, collect daily skins and wait for the end of the DST, because because of it Klei and DS can't update and they can't do a new project either.

you have a very weird hatred against DST, which is quite obvious with your other posts (some of them was locked for obvious reasons)

I wouldn't say I'm a hater.
I don't like the fact that Klei focused only on the multiplayer game, and the singleplayer game was abandoned. ( Against the background of DST updates, the game is really abandoned )
And DST. Lol Klei make content, etc. only for multiplayer.
I understand money and everything else, but solo content Klei does not do at all.

Someone says "You can play DST solo".
And Klei create content and balance content for whom ? For several people.
Advertise DST as a solo game ? No. They even made the plot together, which does not reflect the idea and essence of the original DS.
Is it possible to enjoy DST ? To whom as. For me, DST is a mutilated version of RoG with huge exclusive content.
There are good solutions with changing the mechanics of armor, but the rest of the solo experience is not necessary (OK, hp creatures could be filed as a "hard mode" for DS).

DST is a multiplayer in which it is possible to play solo, and not a singleplayer in which you can play as a team.

I'm mostly fine with DS not recieving any major updates, certainly there's room for improvement with Shipwrecked at least, and some little systems within Reign of Giants could stand some scrutiny but my biggest wish for the solo game is there to become some version parity with DST. I don't mean to bring every DST mechanic or system back, but changing the little things like how fire spread works, maybe some of the character reworks like Wendy and Abigail's changes since they aren't overly drastic and just generally make using Abigail much nicer than her old behaviour, characters like Wolfgang would be less ideal to have their reworks brought back however due to the addition of many new items and mechanics that wouldn't fit very well in the solo game. More or less aside from major character changes and the additional lategame content it would be nice for anyone who picks up a version of Don't Starve solo to have mostly the same experience as someone playing DST.

No, I don't

I'm pretty sure DST is intended to be the single player product as well - it's just more challenging that way, and if the challenge is considered rough at a certain knowledge/habit level, they want you to get your friends to help to make it easier

I do think it would be nice if they included a single player update that allowed one to toggle the bosses to a lower level of health - perhaps it only unlocks if you set the game to single player

My hope would be that they bring more of the shipwrecked content into DST - I consider a lot of the flora to be interesting and I like to have a variety of flora to create in-game gardens and parks - I also like that dynamic of bringing foreign species from other biomes and lambs to your base since it's just a natural human thing to have botanical gardens filled with exotic species

Give us the volcano!

(Even if they have to nerf coffee a little)

Archived